Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
It's not that bad really. I don't split when conditions are ideal, and medium flex camber boards make great splitboards, plus you can actually have fun on the way down. See way too many people pivot around with stiff tired legs on Flagships and Ultracrafts. Splitboarding in deep powder is a chore anyways.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Is there a big market for all mountain freestyle splits? I have been debating picking one up, but would lean more towards big mountain/powder.
I mean there is something to be said about riding what you know, but I generally don't get the draw to a twin or even directional twin split. Unless you just have to be able to slam it switch in the back country then great. But if you're like sessioning a jump in the BC, wouldn't you want a sled instead of a split anyhow? Sure, money is a thing and splits are cheaper than a sled, but like...

Reactions: WigMar and Jkb818

·
Registered
281 Posts
It might be mostly for the Euro market. Sledding is not a thing here so backcountry freestyle is still lift, hike or split access only, usually some combination of the three. I've seen a good amount of Jones mountain twin splitboards around the Alps.

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
Would like to know when the YES AFH comes out.
View attachment 161385
I seen Bret tippie riding this thing at whistler last year.
It looked fuckin' awesome.
Bastard wouldn't let me try it though.

I searched around but couldn't find anything about it anywhere.

TT

·
Registered
288 Posts
Is there a big market for all mountain freestyle splits? I have been debating picking one up, but would lean more towards big mountain/powder.
It's not like you're going to spin bs rodeos, but you might like a more playful feeling on the way down, for little jumps and even the way you turn. I mean on the level of performance of a mega merc, your very unlikely to hit any "skill cap". So for 99,99% of people it's more about the feeling and the way you ride it rather than "freeride performance". That's why I love my sickstick!

Also riding switch is crucial in some exposed traverses too, as you have to be on your toe edge. And on some day I can ride quite some groomers with the split (to warm up, after, in between small tours etc.ł

So yup, I could definitely ride a mega merc split!

Envoyé de mon H8324 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Psychedelic one with the mushie? Cool graphics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s reeeaaalllll fun to look at

I'd so love that board. You've ridden the Yup right, would love to know how similar/different these boards are. Big fan of that graphc also, what size?
I haven’t ridden the Yup. But I’ve heard either around here or somewhere else that it’s a similar kind of thing. I have the 154, aside from the cool mushroom and base I like that the orange almost looks like a rental Rossi or something. Almost has a thrift vibe about it.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Jake Blauvelt making a short fat? This has to make me interested!
The Peace Seeker has a bi-radial sidecut that I think I'd have to try before buying. It's an impossibly tiny 4.5m at the tips and a bigger but still small 7.5m in the center. I wonder how that feels. Should be good in hardpack trees- conditions I rarely ever experience personally.

121 - 140 of 143 Posts