·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any riders / owners of these models:

2022 Yes Greats
2022 Bataleon Boss
2022 Jones Ultra Mountain Twin

...and if so, what are your personal pro's and con's with your chosen board?

(meaning: not read reviews or just thoughts, but actual insight of riding one of these models)

Thankful for your input!

// TT.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Trippy, I'm looking at the exact 3 same boards. Keen to see who's been on them. Are you supposed to downsize the greats? I don't really see why you would, doesn't seem that wide.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I owned the Greats 154 2019. Spent 20 plus days on it and sold it to a friend so I still hop on it from time to time. There are no changes to the 2022.

Re sizing down - you could do it sizing down 1-2 cm but you don’t have to. It’s more about the width under inserts that is more than what you’d expect from the specs due to the Midbite tech.

It’s a medium flex forgiving camrock profile. Perfectly fine to put a high beginner/low intermediate on it. I’ve let my friends like that ride it and they enjoyed it.

The edge tech works and it grips way better than a camrock without a tech with that effective edge. Both heelside and toeside.

It has a tight sidecut, especially on the heelside edge. There’s quite a big difference there and you feel it doing cross under carves. It prefers to carve at low and medium speeds. At high speeds it gets twitchy like any board with around 7 m sidecut. Short and medium carves are where it’s at.
Not a board for charging and carving hard. Keep it more chill and it works in all conditions.

Overall a carvy cruisy, buttery, floaty (for a twin), easy going ride.

Sky Snow Cloud Slope Mountain

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot for your input!
However... after watching the latest SnowboardProCamp shill video, I think I am about to boycot The Nidecker Group :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts