Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Intrigued by this slightly revised classic for 2023. The below video indicates a change to nose shape, materials and sidecut radius. As with most Yes boards, the graphics don't personally speak to me (chakra inserts?!?).

I'm a huge fan of the Flagship as a daily driver (groomers, pow, no park), but the PYL has always kinda' intrigued me as being more maneuverable in the trees on powder days (slightly wider waist, slightly shorter length), and easier to manage those difficult-to-carve chopped-up groomers at the end of the day.

Anyone here ridden one, or have any insight about this board for 2023?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Oh me too! Me too! I have been trying to figure out what free ride-ish daily driver I am going for. Was debating on a Capita of some sort but this looks more promising - not sure why I skipped over it. Maybe the size - I'm a big fella, but the nose is big!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
It seems different enough from the existing PYL to have called it something new but maybe they are testing a new shape for future PYLs. Hope I can get one under me this season. Southern hemi comrades, please chime in if you've had the pleasure already.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Oh me too! Me too! I have been trying to figure out what free ride-ish daily driver I am going for. Was debating on a Capita of some sort but this looks more promising - not sure why I skipped over it. Maybe the size - I'm a big fella, but the nose is big!
How big? I rocked a 164w PYL as my daily @ 250lbs size 12 boot, was awesome for east coast ice and crusty butte bowls

·
Registered
658 Posts
Size 13, 200lbs. Ride a 166w Weston Ridgeline and 159w Ejack. Debating on Yes PYL uninc 160, Mega Mercury 160
Size 13, 200lbs. Ride a 166w Weston Ridgeline and 159w Ejack. Debating on Yes PYL uninc 160, Mega Mercury 160
When I bought my 164w Yes recommended the 164w up to size 12, the unic has a 27.5 cm width at the front foot 26.9 at the rear due to the taper, I’d be a bit worried about that rear foot unless you are running some higher angles

·
Registered
47 Posts
I grabbed a Capita BSOD 165w as they were in stock and selling out. Actually seem to have grabbed the last one....anyways. This thing is far from "medium" flex! It is as stiff as my Banked Country, granted, I haven't put bindings on it yet but, damn!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts