Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Video Reviews for next years boards usually drop in the Autumn (??). There is one for the Yes PYL UnInc DCP
If you join Angry Snowboarder's Patreon, you will see a written one for that board and many others :)
Did you mean the video review is up already, if so do you have a link? Thanks in advance. I can see video reviews of the Uninc variants of Basic, Standard, Hybrid, 420, and Warca, but not the PYL DCP.

·
Registered
12,682 Posts
Does he post tasteful nudes or sell fart jars? That would be flavor country
Just envelopes of male queef dust for you to inhale.

I grabbed a Mega Merc, BSOD and think I’ll grab an UNINC PYL. Sell whichever doesn’t float my boat - it’s my own demo program! 😂
That's a pricey demo program.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, I did this last year and was pretty stoked. I've been on the east coast for 10 years and came from the Ride Timeless circa 2002. Kind of went down the Mervin tunnel last season via my "demo program". Sold the ones I didn't like for a good price to some stoked kids. Ended up keeping the Ejack as camber is what I like it seems. Like it, don't love it. Figure I would try the Capita and Yes this year. I did grab a Weson Ridgeline for damn near free end of last season, was nice in the late spring PNW dump, softer flex than the Ejack and a 166 vs 159. I also think maybe volume shifted boards aren't for me. But I am older and rusty.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah, I did this last year and was pretty stoked. I've been on the east coast for 10 years and came from the Ride Timeless circa 2002. Kind of went down the Mervin tunnel last season via my "demo program". Sold the ones I didn't like for a good price to some stoked kids. Ended up keeping the Ejack as camber is what I like it seems. Like it, don't love it. Figure I would try the Capita and Yes this year. I did grab a Weson Ridgeline for damn near free end of last season, was nice in the late spring PNW dump, softer flex than the Ejack and a 166 vs 159. I also think maybe volume shifted boards aren't for me. But I am older and rusty.
I’m a big fan of Yes decks, probably what I go back to more then any other, I’d also toss the optimistic and hybrid on your list, though the PYL is dope

·
Registered
750 Posts
Definitely going to try out the PYL UNINC, have this BSOD and Mega Mercury, might return one or the other. Debating on Standard UNINC. The fever is real!
have you tried volume shift from any of those decks? PYL/BSOD/Mega seems like an awesome shoot out but all kinda play in the same space

I’d throw the Yes Hybrid on your list, PYL meets a 420, freeride skills and powder

·
Registered
84 Posts
I tried a Golden Orca last winter, didn't care for the C2 profile at all. And honestly, being only a 161, didn't feel like it floated that much better than Ejack. I do zero park. Only sidecountry, back country, tree runs, etc. So maybe the Mega Mercury isn't even really in my wheelhouse but you know.....all the hype! I'll check out the Hybrid!

·
Registered
750 Posts
I tried a Golden Orca last winter, didn't care for the C2 profile at all. And honestly, being only a 161, didn't feel like it floated that much better than Ejack. I do zero park. Only sidecountry, back country, tree runs, etc. So maybe the Mega Mercury isn't even really in my wheelhouse but you know.....all the hype! I'll check out the Hybrid!
I hear you, i was on the Gen 2 orca, fine deck but made me realize the C2/C2x profiles just aren’t for me

I ran my own “demo” program last year and found myself drifting towards shorter and wider decks, I ride off piste/side country almost exclusively at Crested Butte and found myself really liking having less material on my tips navigating rutted/tree’s/corniced terrain

My specs are 6’5/250/size 11, demo program last year was a opti 157, Lago DB 160, K2 team manifest 164w, signal Tailgunner 166 & a moss mini long, favorites from last season were the optimistic 157, Tailgunner, moss minilong. I also have held onto a archetype 160w, solution 169 split and a K2 party platter 157

This year I’m seeing how short I can go based on the love of the opti, peace seeker 155, yes greats 159, mind Expander 166 (wanted to snag a rocker version) and a Cardiff Bonsai 158

Last deck I’m searching for is something like the Tailgunner but a bit stiffer, I like how the Tailgunner is quite set back but it’s a bit soft for big/steep days

21 - 40 of 44 Posts