Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course they would add a bit of camber to this board shortly after I bought the 2022 model. After the first ride my biggest complaint was the lack of camber. Don't get me wrong I enjoy riding the board but strictly in deep fresh powder. I think that little bit of camber will really help stiffen the board up just enough to aid in tracked out snow riding. It looks like it's set back a little too just like many newer powder boards. I've been looking at other powder boards for that exact setup.

2022 and previous versions are Rocker - Flat - Rocker

2023 are Rocker - Camber - Rocker

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
They did the same thing to Mind Expander this year; which in my book is a board that sort of fits that same niche. I’m a little bummed they did this, I think a lot of that boards character comes from the lack of camber. I’m someone who appreciates camber so this isn’t an anti camber sentiment but rather an appreciation for rockers application when done right.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They did the same thing to Mind Expander this year; which in my book is a board that sort of fits that same niche. I’m a little bummed they did this, I think a lot of that boards character comes from the lack of camber. I’m someone who appreciates camber so this isn’t an anti camber sentiment but rather an appreciation for rockers application when done right.
You're probably right. The flat section through the inserts is what defines this board. Its so soft it'll wheelie like crazy in powder. I'm just annoyed that I pulled the trigger on one found there was some short comings with it for my situation and the next version comes out with a solution :poop:

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
2023 Slush Slasher also getting a slight change in camber profile. And now that board might make it on my wish list.

Reactions: Yotaismygame

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I think we’re entering a phase where every board needs to be able to “rip a carve between stashes of powder” hence we’re seeing camber being put into every board it can go in so that carving box can be checked. I appreciate that but I hope everything doesn’t just start feeling like a normal directional am/fr board.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Exactly. I loved the regular ME and always thought, I wish it had a little mellow camber for certain times. Then I got the UME and hated it. Lost the feel that made the regular ME so special when I rode it all over Japan, mostly because they made it way too stiff. Assuming next year's ME retains the same flex while adding a short/mellow camber zone, we'll see if that was what I was looking for.

The Powder Racer is a really fun board too, kind of like a Slush Slasher with a tail and more practical sidecut. While the new profile might make it more versatile, it also just becomes another board that blends in with the masses.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
"The Spring Break Powder Racers utilize one of the best-selling shapes from the sought-after Ultralight Powder Displacement Snowcraft collection and place it into a more accessibly priced construction. For 2023 the Powder Racers have been reconfigured with a new Surf Camber profile combining the carving benefits of camber underfoot with Spring Break’s iconic Surf Rocker on the nose and tail. With a large surface area to increase floatation and deep sidecuts to carve up the slopes, the Powder Racers produce party vibes in powder and on groomers alike. The Powder Racers feature a Cork Inlayed Hover Core™ to provide maximum dampness and create more of a surfy feel underfoot. Available in four sizes and packed with technical components like Technora™ + Flax Boosters, these dream boats are geared for good times and priced so you can live the Spring Break life without breaking the bank."

The mention of "party vibes" makes it sound like they're trying to please the masses. Still says flex rating of 5 like previous years.

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
Full rocker will make a comeback in five years when some weirdo board like the slush slasher comes out and everyone remembers how much fun being unstable and spinning around on full rocker is.

I'm just keeping my Mod Rocker for when I want that.

I do have to say that S-rocker powder boards really do check all the boxes for me. I don't miss full rocker in deep powder as long as there's float and there aren't typically fun groomers on a powder day to butter around on so your rocker pow decks just get bucked around to all hell in chop until you hit the next powder stash.

·
Super Moderator
1,498 Posts
Full rocker will make a comeback in five years when some weirdo board like the slush slasher comes out and everyone remembers how much fun being unstable and spinning around on full rocker is.

I'm just keeping my Mod Rocker for when I want that.

I do have to say that S-rocker powder boards really do check all the boxes for me. I don't miss full rocker in deep powder as long as there's float and there aren't typically fun groomers on a powder day to butter around on so your rocker pow decks just get bucked around to all hell in chop until you hit the next powder stash.
That's why I got the Pocket Rocket............albeit an expensive full rocker option.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here’s what capita says. All good sounding things too me.

“Next year's Powder Racer is a touch stiffer in the middle due to the camber but will feel pretty similar in the packed powder once its been chopped up from other riders. The camber change really shines through on groomers and fully packed snow giving you more control while turning and a better carving experience overall!”

·
Premium Member
430 Posts

“Next year's Powder Racer is a touch stiffer in the middle due to the camber but will feel pretty similar in the packed powder once its been chopped up from other riders. The camber change really shines through on groomers and fully packed snow giving you more control while turning and a better carving experience overall!”
Spring Break 2023 lineup now avaialble for pre-order.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

Lol - I called that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts