Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a 2nd board - something that can handle powder, but still a decent all mountain board for when I catch the nice powder days that my current board doesn't excel with.

My style - bombing, fast, aggressive, carving.
Locations -mainly Northeast and out west 1-2x per year for a solid chunk of days
Current setup:
Burton Custom X
Burton Ruler R
Burton Malavita RE:Flex

I have already decided to try the Burton ION for next season as its a bit stiffer vs the Ruler R and will also get a new pair of EST bindings. The 2nd board will be a nice option for days where the conditions are right - in the NE not many days but worth it IMO to have a 2nd board.

I have been checking out all the typical resources: the good ride, the house etc and have a few boards in mind but wanted to get some options.

FIRE AWAY!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hello,

Yes PYL / Optimistic / Y
Jones Flagship / Stratos / Hovercraft
Amplid Surfari / Creamer / Kill Switch / Dada
Rome Ravine
Rossignol Sashimi
Ride Warpig / Superpig
Mahrar lumberjack X or not

Those are just the boards I have been interested on. I owned an Hovercraft and have a non ridden Surfari.

I am sure a few in the Burton range would work.

It all depends how much hard carving capability you want to retain in your new board, do you need switch, how playful, happy to volume shift? ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,

Yes PYL / Optimistic / Y
Jones Flagship / Stratos / Hovercraft
Amplid Surfari / Creamer / Kill Switch / Dada
Rome Ravine
Rossignol Sashimi
Ride Warpig / Superpig
Mahrar lumberjack X or not

Those are just the boards I have been interested on. I owned an Hovercraft and have a non ridden Surfari.

I am sure a few in the Burton range would work.

It all depends how much hard carving capability you want to retain in your new board, do you need switch, how playful, happy to volume shift? ..
I would like to retain a little carving capability, no switch, doesn't need to be overly playful (no park) (no jobbing).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Korua Dart or Korua Pencil are good options. These are specifically designed for carving + powder. Checkout their 'Yearning For Turning' videos, super dope.
Kazu Kokobu Pro is another.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would like to retain a little carving capability, no switch, doesn't need to be overly playful (no park) (no jobbing).
None of the board have mentionned are noodles, more between medium stiff all mountain and stiff freeride boards.
I loved my Hovercraft and am into this shape for powder carving, hence why I just bought the Surfari. Being on the stiffer side and extremely directional, not really playful but definitely good for hard charging freeride, though not as much as a the Flagship for example.
Another one carving/powder board on my list is the Optimistic (or Y)

Endeavor Archetype

Get comfortable and read this thread.
Not sure why I cannot get interested in that board...I guess my wife won't complain

Korua Dart or Korua Pencil are good options. These are specifically designed for carving + powder. Checkout their 'Yearning For Turning' videos, super dope.
Kazu Kokobu Pro is another.
And yes, should have mentioned Koruas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts