Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SPRING SLUSH!!

just make sure you've got the right wax on!....saw a lot of people out there today who....didn't, LOL

...and this is one instance where flatbasing may, sometimes, be slower

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we hit 46 degrees today at the summit, the shit was faaaast, and in places pretty deep for slushy landings,*schloppp*

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
SPRING SLUSH!!

just make sure you've got the right wax on!....saw a lot of people out there today who....didn't, LOL

...and this is one instance where flatbasing may, sometimes, be slower
I think spring corn is actually second to powder ... Chair 9 at mammoth last week was slushy. Kind of fun.

Definitely noticed the wax. Put an all temp wax the first night and was pretty fast. Lazy to reapply the second day and definitely noticed how much slower I was.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I love slush. I've had some of my funnest sessions on slushy spring and summer days.

Structure will improve your board's performance a lot during the springtime. I'm using warm wax already in mammoth and the slush is getting fun. I didn't get as much powder this season as I'd hoped for so I'm taking advantage of all the slush I can slash.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
used a red wax today and i was flying...tried all-temp the other day and it sucked! nothing worse than getting up there and finding you are sticking, fuuuuuk!

the slush/corn is def more abrasive, waz never seems to last the full day, i put it on thick and smooth, then barely scrape at all...i usually go noon to 4 on spring days too, skip the morning ice and crust, meh

one week left here, its just as well, all of a sudden theres dirt and shyte showing all over the place....cheers all, enjoy it while you can!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Went out there today to get me some of that spring slush and going back tomorrow to get some more. Almost 40 degrees in the parking lot in the morning. Could've been sunnier tho.

I didn't break out the red wax today. It's been about 10 days riding since my last wax and i still had no problem cruising past everyone, even on the flat sections. :D

·
The Swiss Miss
7,447 Posts
I love spring slush surfing but we got powder! Yesterday 20 cm fresh, this night 11cm, and it's still snowing. Best season ever :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Haha... wrong wax can be a pain. Straight line -> wattery patch -> full stop. Def. the season to be not too relaxed in the front seat or you might kiss a tip.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Spring slush is always a fun time. Makes the park a lot more forgiving too. I like to get up there in the morning though when the corduroy is still fresh and hard. Best time ever to go for those top speeds. :D

·
Super Moderator
6,347 Posts
Went Friday, doing the jump line. Did a heelside washout, ended up with slush up my back.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH that's cold!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Damnit, our season just ended yesterday. I was getting slush in early March here too... *sigh* Now I have to wait 6 months till next season. And I'm already out of snowboarding movies to watch.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Wolfy turned me onto these Teflon wipes either made by or called ZORDO (think that's right)

Tried them yesterday and they're awesome. I used the same wipe twice (they're like baby butt towelettes) and got 3-4 runs out of each wipe.

The guys in the gear shop said to wipe down the base with the ZORDOs before you hot wax and it's $$$$.

Gonna try it, with my OBJ warm wax. Hoping the second I dump a nice thick layer of warm wax on it will get cold and snow! lol......

EDIT__ oh ya... spring skiing is my second favorite too. This was yesterday, 3/30/13:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Pdx, those wipes are sweet for the spring for sure! He showed me those last season when I came down around May. They made such a big difference in the super sticky snow. Was great until the torrential downpour and thunder and lightning showed up. :laugh:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Pdx, those wipes are sweet for the spring for sure! He showed me those last season when I came down around May. They made such a big difference in the super sticky snow. Was great until the torrential downpour and thunder and lightning showed up. :laugh:
:laugh: I remember hearing about that thunder storm. Lightning in the super pipe if I remember right.

Anyways... Ya good stuff

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
definite party atmosphere on the hill, good times, music, corn, life is good

enjoy Neni! must be nice

maybe not all over with here either, not at all unusual for us to get a late storm, couple years ago we got 16" the day after closing day

thinking of visiting my bro in portland again too, i see that all the hills out there have 2 weeks or more after we close

·
Registered
393 Posts
Wolfy turned me onto these Teflon wipes either made by or called ZORDO (think that's right)

Tried them yesterday and they're awesome. I used the same wipe twice (they're like baby butt towelettes) and got 3-4 runs out of each wipe.

The guys in the gear shop said to wipe down the base with the ZORDOs before you hot wax and it's $$$$.

Gonna try it, with my OBJ warm wax. Hoping the second I dump a nice thick layer of warm wax on it will get cold and snow! lol......
Not seeing anything about sordo or zordo teflon on the google. Having trouble figuring out how wiping the base first would help. Does it bond to wax or something?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts