Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having the toughest time finding a base bevel file guide that goes to 3 degrees. Has anyone see one?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I use. Comes with a file and 3 sharpening stones. Def worth the money if you ride east coast parks.

Base-Side Bevel File Guide SKS Multi Tool + 3 DMT diamond stones w/ file
looks like that's the one i'm probably going to pick up.

whoa..it goes all the way to 5 degrees, awesome.

i'm thinking about going to 4 degrees.....do you think that would be too much? i'm trying to get front boards on street style rails and i'd rather have a loose ride than to catch an edge on a rail.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i'm thinking about going to 4 degrees.....do you think that would be too much? i'm trying to get front boards on street style rails and i'd rather have a loose ride than to catch an edge on a rail.
4 degrees is a lot and I'd suggest too much, but to each their own.

Just bear in mind that you can always take it off, but you can't put it back on. Try 2.5, then 3, then 3.5.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
looks like that's the one i'm probably going to pick up.

whoa..it goes all the way to 5 degrees, awesome.

I don't think it's too much, but it's probably not necessary. A 4 degree lightly detuned edge is better than a 0 degree fully detuned edge when you're ridning a lot of ice. 3 degrees will def lift the edge high enough off the surface to reduce catching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts