Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, 99% sure I'm about to buy an Evo for myself as something of an all-arounder that will be good for doing more park stuff. So far from what I see the 390 bosses would be a good fit, but I wasn't sure if I should get a S/M or L/XL. I have a few year old Rome Libertine boot in size 9, and the S/M range goes up to 9.5, while L/XL starts at 9...

I also heard good things about the Raiden Phantoms on this forum and elsewhere... what are thoughts on those compared to the 390s, or any others I should look at?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I purchased a size S/M 390 long ago (during which time the size range went up to 8.5 I think)...I could barely fit my size 8 boots on; the straps were too short.

That's all I can say.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hm, okay. I have older 390s on my old setup, with L/XL, but as you said, back then the size range was different - and I do have to tighten them basically all the way down). I e-mailed Rome to see, they usually are good about responding...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
d15...you were probably riding 2009 model Rome binding. I think they've since added longer ladders in their S/M sized bindings. I still ride Rome Targas from 2009 and I had the same issues.

To the OP, I would get the L/XL and adjust the binding down to fit a 9. IMO, Rome bindings are a bit narrow and if you have a wider boot, the L/XL may be a better fit.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, that's what a Rome rep said when I e-mailed... either works, but he would suggest the L/XL.

Now to decide between those and the Raidens...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man it is hard to decide based on just googling without being able to go to a shop and see. I need to just pick one and order, but blurghhh. Faster I decide, faster I get my board... hm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts