Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On peak 10 in Breckenridge there is a bowl that retains snow more than other slopes in the area. It's called the 4th of July Bowl. I had to work last night, but I did get to hike to the bowl. People hike it on the fourth. Normally you can drive up there, BUT........some dumb ass parked right infront of the snow drift and off-road blocked everyone. What a fuck head. No body could drive up there for a while. When we were hiking down all the 4x4s finally could get past that fuck head. I wanted to drive up there.

Another suv when off the side trying to get around. Kudos to the man with the large truck who was prepared and got them out. It was hard to find directions to this area. This was the first time I ever done this.

Not very exciting pictures, but you can see the conditions. a bit below the slope there was another patch of snow. Somebody built a jump. We where hitting that for a while, that was the most fun part. There where no rails or boxes.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Right on dude, way to get after it. Summer days aren't about the shred anyway, it's about being up on the mountain in the hot weather with the crew pounding bevys :)
I'm doing 12 months this year, only natural snow allowed, no glaciers. I've used my snowmobile for access every month so far, inc July, but for August I'll likely dirtbike/hike.
September is definitely the hardest month, unless you're in the Rockies (as you are) and can get lucky some years. I mean, I could do a big hike up to some snow anytime of the year, but I'm talking about just rock up and ride it :yahoo:

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Years ago, like maybe 7???? I rode almost knee deep powder in September, yup it can happen. It was a sick day and i will always remember it. I got the nastiest to the core scratch of all the seasons under my belt. It was 100 percent worth it. I looked at that scratch for seasons and remembered how badass that day was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts