Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my cheap waxing and maintenance station.

$38 folding walmart table.
$6 C-clamps
$4 for 4' of 2" X 1/8" flat strap
$2 for drawer liner

First I bent the 2' of the strap over a 1" OD piece of tubing and then heated and bent the other flat sections in the vise to get an exaggerated "U" shape.

I then rounded the corners on the top section.

I preceded to weld the "U" shapes to the c-clamp

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1607.jpg
I then painted the clamp assembly with primer and rubberized bedliner.

IMG_1608.jpg

I then cut and glued on the drawer liner for added cushioning and protection.
IMG_1609.jpg

cont.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The final product turned out decent. Easy project for $50.
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1611.jpg
IMG_1612.jpg

Can't see in the final photo but I ended up cutting a notch in the table so I could get the clamp on the other side of the metal tube that is on the underside of the plastic top. I may end up using an old door I have laying around to replace the plastic. It's a little lightweight and wobbly, but it's way better than the chairs or sawhorses I was previously using.

Jason

·
Registered
726 Posts
Thats an awesome DIY. I've actually been trying to decide what I'm going to add to my workbench myself. I really like the strap design, seems to work well but If I use the same clamps I think it would be too high. I might try to find a way to do something similar but have it attach to my workbench a little differently.

Great job!

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats an awesome DIY. I've actually been trying to decide what I'm going to add to my workbench myself. I really like the strap design, seems to work well but If I use the same clamps I think it would be too high. I might try to find a way to do something similar but have it attach to my workbench a little differently.

Great job!
Thanks. If your workbench is higher than my table, you could definitely shorten the vertical parts of the "U" and be just fine. I made mine a little taller cause I hate bending over at all. It kills my back after about 5 minutes and I've got a ton of boards to take care of so I put it at optimum height for me.

Jason

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks. If your workbench is higher than my table, you could definitely shorten the vertical parts of the "U" and be just fine. I made mine a little taller cause I hate bending over at all. It kills my back after about 5 minutes and I've got a ton of boards to take care of so I put it at optimum height for me.

Jason
Those are awesome clamps... well done I'll give ya $20 to make me a set... I'd do it myself but I don't have any welding gear...

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those are awesome clamps... well done I'll give ya $20 to make me a set... I'd do it myself but I don't have any welding gear...
Thanks, man. I could make some for $20 plus shipping. I would just bend the metal, weld it, and round the edges and clean it up with the flap disk. Then you could paint it and add the drawer lining.

Jason

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Thanks, man. I could make some for $20 plus shipping. I would just bend the metal, weld it, and round the edges and clean it up with the flap disk. Then you could paint it and add the drawer lining.

Jason
I might be interested in this....

·
Registered
36 Posts

Jason
Very Nice quality! Id be interested in these! PM me your paypal id if your willing to make another set. I have everything i need for waxing besides a nice set of clamps! :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts