Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A large printing company just quoted me just over $500 per name for 250 business cards... meaning for 6 people, 250 business cards each, they want over $3000. :laugh:

This is a printer used by oil and gas companies here, and it makes me wonder how much places are padding their prices when catering to oil/gas.

I went with the place that quoted me $55/ per 250 on better stock, promised the next working day.

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty simple 3 color card..

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
IMO, the full color glossy cards look like crap. Akin to pop-up ads or road side billboards. Plain black and white, with a color logo on a quality textured stock is plenty nice. It's your handshake / personality / product that should get people's attention, not your business card.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
i liked tj's comments the best...

what is that?... embossed on bone? i have to return some videotapes.

anywho, the setup costs are usually what gets you. 250 cards they'd probably do pretty cheap, but setting it up 6 times, thats probably a 6x30 dollar fee, and thats just if they are a small company. big companies are so used to minimums of 500 per card, that the setup is 75% of the price. i found places where getting 50 cards was the same price as 1000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts