Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am looking for a couple of suggestions for a board, im 6"6', 200 pounds, with size 14 feet. I was looking at a nitro magnum or ride yukon, but im wondering if they are 2 stiff for me weight. I am fairly new but a quick learner, hitting small park jumps, and carving, want to try some off pist this up coming year. Now for the embarrassing part, i ride a 167w avalanche board (don't laugh to hard it was cheap lol). Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I'm almost exactly the same size as you except you're an inch taller than me.

Next years Never Summer Heritage is the closest to a do it all stick that I've personally ridden. Incredibly smooth stick with good edge hold.

I will be getting one in a 159w or slightly longer as my do everything stick.

My suggestion is you do the same and you will have a stick that will grow with you and last a very long time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you think a 167 is probably to long then? if i go to a 161 or 159 will it be slower? I checked the specs and i do like that it is still around a 26" wide stance when maxed out.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
You don't need to go any longer then a 164 unless your searching for a back country stick.

And if you keep pretty much any current board waxed properly, it's going to go as fast as you can handle.

Never Summer uses a very good base material as well. I can assure you speed will not be something lacked.

And the old days of getting a board that's length is between your chin and nose is long gone. Weight and type of riding you wish to accomplish with the stick are the important factors when figuring length. And these new techs with reverse camber ride roughly 3cm longer then they actually are, based on old standards.

I currently have a 161w as my "do it all" stick and I don't plan on going any longer then that. I weigh around 185-200

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm about the same size, and if I had to only have one board it would be my 166 Heritage X-R. It's not so long that it gets to be cumbersome to turn, but it's also big enough to provide good floatation in pow and a nice long edge for carving.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does anyone know the max stance width for the heritage or SL NS boards? I am also looking at the nitro gullwing, its max looks like 25.5 inches.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ehhh, im very oddly build and have very long legs, right now i have mine maxed out on my board at around 26", some ppl have told me that is as wide as i should be going but i come from a basketball backround and am use to having a very wide stance when i play, that combined with my past ankle sprains have maid my flexibility an issue (am currently working on it) so it is easier for me to get low the wider i go.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I found a Heritage with the mammoth on the front in canada for a good deal. The shop says it is a wide board (i have to drive a few hours tomorrow to pick it up). Is it only the wide board that has that graphic or do all the heritages? Just wanna make sure im gettin what i want.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I use a 165 Nitro Magnum. Maximum stance width is 25.2 inches and its 27.4cm waist width. The good thing about the Magnum range is they are super wide even at 157 - 27.2cm (this is the shortest Magnum). I am 6 foot tall and weigh 170 pounds. The board is super stable, both at speeds (it flies) and kickers, and it floats in powder like you wouldn´t believe. You might want to look into the 159 or 161. The price on these things is pretty good, too.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya i was gonna get the gullwing (i want to try the new tech), but i found the NS for 340 canadain. I can get the magnum or gullwing for around 300 but that is from the US so there is shipping and fee's from boarder crossing. I think i would get magnum if i wanted to replace my crappy reg camber board.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I found a Heritage with the mammoth on the front in canada for a good deal. The shop says it is a wide board (i have to drive a few hours tomorrow to pick it up). Is it only the wide board that has that graphic or do all the heritages? Just wanna make sure im gettin what i want.
The normal width Heritage also has that graphic so the best way to tell at a glance would be the serial number. If it starts with H-X it's a wide, no X means it's a regular width. Maybe see if the seller can send you a photo of it?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts