Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo i have my first race this next Sat! I think im decently fast, compared to the other riders ive seen.

Anyways i ride a 152 capita stairmaster.. not much of a race board? Better then some but what kinds of boards do they usually use in sbx anyways? Long stiff fast boards?

Also any tips in general for sbx?

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have zero complaints about the board! It seems like I can do pretty much anything on it. Wish it had a little more flex though I guess.

·
Registered
10,406 Posts
I would think the Stairmaster would be pretty shitty for SBX. Also, unless you're really small, 152 is probably on the small side for SBX. I've never tried that shit and I think it looks nuts, but in my younger and dumber days I would've probably been all about it!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would think the Stairmaster would be pretty shitty for SBX. Also, unless you're really small, 152 is probably on the small side for SBX. I've never tried that shit and I think it looks nuts, but in my younger and dumber days I would've probably been all about it!
I don't think it's going to be very good. But it's all I got. Hopefully I just out ride everyone else? haha. I'm 5'9'' 145lbs but yeah 152 is shorter for sure

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tip...er-x-tips.html

Wrote this up a few hours after our local race.

Let us know how you place!
Ahh good write up! Def going to use some of this next Sat!

Man i'm a little worried about my board right now. All well. Guess I'll just see if I like it or not!

And I'll let ya know how I do!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Cool, np.

I rode a park board too but has a faster base than most and not nearly as soft as yours. Having freestyle experience helps, especially when it comes to pre-olling and jumps. I think though you'll realize BX is just super fun, so don't even worry about the board.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/tips-tricks-instructors/26505-boarder-x-tips.html

Wrote this up a few hours after our local race.

Let us know how you place!
So I had my first race! Thought I'd let ya know how I did!

18+ Division (I was the 2nd youngest at 22) a lot of almost 30 yr old dudes.

Quarterfinals = 3rd place. Kinda funny on the last jump I ate shit (it was a sketchy jump. It was overshooting big time, they tried to fix it... but made it even worse. Pretty much launched off with nothing but a flat landing :eek:) but slid across the finish line on my back.. haha still made good time before that though I guess.

Semifinals = 1st place. It was a very good race. I went from 3rd to 1st on the last corner. Was stoked.

Finals = 4th place (4 man final) Right after the gate 3 of us went down. Well I was taken out from the back and landed on. Everyone got up to keep going but when I got up I noticed my front binding went from a +15 angle to -30 angle. So my front foot was pretty much facing backwards :( I finished the race riding switch hahh but there was no way I could catch up to the pack riding like that.

Was so sick though! I'm going to look into doing more races next season for sure and prob get a better racing board.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Glad you had fun, and way to go in the semis! How many people from each round advanced? I see you got 3rd in the quarters but made it to semis. They did top 2 here, just curious how they set it up for you guys.

Our resort general manager told me a couple weeks ago they are probably doing 3 or 4 sbx races next year. I'm totally hooked on it too, just can't decide on what board to buy next year for it.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The top 8 rider's times qualified. It was just a timed run by yourself. Then they mix matched the top 8 into two groups of four for the semifinals. Then he top 2 from each group advanced to the finals. Kinda weird?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts