Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did they change any of the construction on the new 2022 CX? I only got a few months on my 2021 CX this past season because they shut my home mountain Whistler down two months early due to Covid outbreak in March :(. Just curious about the '22 because they keep doing cool stuff to this model.

CX 2021, like previous models is the gift that keeps on giving with a little more pop. Who cares about the graphics but the minimal graphic thing is cool; more about how the board rides than how it looks. The thing just takes everything you throw at it and asks for more. Can't believe how awesome the evolution of boards has been!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hmmm easily the women's Feelgood and Storyboard have the best graphics. Simplicity of the family tree boards are also great. loving the black woodgrain on the hometown hero.

I did not see the Custom X...
I agree on the Feelgood graphics!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am more curious about Burton AK for next season than their boards.

I cannot get myself to buy a proprietary board with the Channel and be limited on my choice of bindings.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I am more curious about Burton AK for next season than their boards.

I cannot get myself to buy a proprietary board with the Channel and be limited on my choice of bindings.
The only bindings you really «lock» yourself out of with channel are union contact pros, its est bindings that lock you to channel not the other way around. Some new baggy ak/mine pants with the elastic cuffs thats not in the pink/purp/flower colorway would be nice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The only bindings you really «lock» yourself out of with channel are union contact pros, its est bindings that lock you to channel not the other way around. Some new baggy ak/mine pants with the elastic cuffs thats not in the pink/purp/flower colorway would be nice.
I like being able to use all my bindings on any kind of board, without having to use an adapter kit just for the Channel.

Plus, Burton already gets enough of my money with their outerwear, accessories and bags. 😆

·
Registered
433 Posts
I like being able to use all my bindings on any kind of board, without having to use an adapter kit just for the Channel.

Plus, Burton already gets enough of my money with their outerwear, accessories and bags. 😆
Many many bindings have their discs suitable for channel systems. My Salomon Hologram's discs can do 2x4 and channel no problem. Either that or they supply you with an additional disc.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Most binding makers worth a damn provide universal disks that can be put on nearly any mounting system out of the box, including the channel. But not Burton. #irony

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I like the new Union disc because I have 2x4, 3d and channel boards that I like to ride, and that one does it all, but nocant Burton bindings are still more comfy, less pressure on the outside of the feet. Having a narrower stance, the adjustable 2x4 mounting is handy for getting my back foot more centered, and when boards dont have channel I can end up with a less ideal stance, like with all Lib boards for me, and then I need 2x4 to align it. Most Burton boards with channel in my size and with EST bindings, I have no options on stance width, the minimum stance is 52 cm, and unlike 2x4 I cant adjust it further. The few physical shops that still stock decent snowboards are usually pushing a few brands no matter what, and all the rest, the minor shops in chains are forced to take in Headcrap since they threaten their way into the snowboard market and demands monopoly, also in the rental market with resorts. Whatever the fuck will happen if Head now gets the FIS president is beyond my imagination.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Most binding makers worth a damn provide universal disks that can be put on nearly any mounting system out of the box, including the channel. But not Burton. #irony
You just have to email Burton and they will send you the right disk for free. I think they call this a more environmental approach???

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Still, both 2x4 and channel discs were included with the 2020 cartels and missions I bought last year.
Yep that's what I got when I got my GenX reflex. If you want 3 hole discs Burton will send them to you for free.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I specifically mean one universal disc that have holes for the channel and regular 2x4 patterns. Union, Rome, Salomon, Flow, and probably a bunch others include one. Burton gives you different discs for different mounting options. Sure, they work, but I find one universal disc a lot more handy in real world situation. And there is no way Burton's way of including multiple discs is more environmentally friendly...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I specifically mean one universal disc that have holes for the channel and regular 2x4 patterns. Union, Rome, Salomon, Flow, and probably a bunch others include one. Burton gives you different discs for different mounting options. Sure, they work, but I find one universal disc a lot more handy in real world situation. And there is no way Burton's way of including multiple discs is more environmentally friendly...
Yeah but that’s not laziness on their part. Their mini discs are super small AND the thinner part of the reflex doesn’t allow for much space for different hole patterns. Switching discs isn’t that big a deal for me if I’m already switching bindings between boards.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Yes, different design approaches. I prefer to not have to rummage for that other disc when I am hot swapping boards in the parking lot. You might say its laziness on my part lol.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree on the Feelgood graphics!
My gf was looking for a second board and was told to get the Feelgood, but the Flying V. She was used ronger GNU B-Nice with BTX Camber, she want something stiffer, a little more aggresive which she will be able to push her level. Too, the Camber of the Flying V Will be more forgiven than the cambered Feelgood.

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
Wondering if anyone has ridden the Burton Leader Board. There are a few of these left in my size in Australia at really great EOS prices. There are a handful of video reviews and they say it's like a pretty stiff Flight Attendant (10mm tapered, directional -25mm, S/Rocker, 3D nose, carbon I beam). Recommended for high speed bombing and more focused in the range AM<Freeride<Powder.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
should make great powder boards at least, would think its more camber than srocker. steve klassen seemed to use the hometown hero over this one in freeride world tour, but they could have switched up the looks. would think its along the lines of the good old bigmountain planks, a bit more demanding to ride, but still rides well.

·
Registered
244 Posts
The Leader Board is intriguing because it is supposed to be very aggressive, yet comes at a much lower price than the Straight Chuter or the Custom X.

Maybe Burton does not expect the Leader Board to have mass appeal and not sell that well?

Reactions: Craig64

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
The Leader Board is intriguing because it is supposed to be very aggressive, yet comes at a much lower price than the Straight Chuter or the Custom X.

Maybe Burton does not expect the Leader Board to have mass appeal and not sell that well?
There seems to always be a few of these left at the end of season in Australia. It seems to probably be a stiff freeride board. I have a Mystery Landlord so thinking it may be an unwarranted excessive purchase, if that's even possible???, but I can get one for around $Au444 ($US328) delivered which is pretty good. They say it's not as stiff as CX so probably be around a moderately stiff ride similar to the Custom. It sort of fits how I ride, but I'd imagine the Mystery Landlord maybe a big step above this.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts