Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

advice choosing all mountain board, beginner-intermediate

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  xliviu 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'm looking to buy an all mountain board (no park) and bindings, in a budget of 350-400 (only board).

I'm a beginner to intermediate, not really into park, mostly on mountain and a little bit of off-piste/powder, 5' 8" /173cm, 159/72 kg, 40, boot 9. Based on this I'm looking on a 154-156 board.

I like the board to be good on carving, on snow feel stable, good quick and large turning, good edge to edge, good edge hold.

I was thinking on a hybrid camber or flat/rocker, a little more stiff and I have couple of options: Yes Basic/Trouble, Ride DH2/Buck Up or Nidecker Escape/Random.

Bindings ????

Any recommendation and advice is appreciated and also other options that you think fits the above.

Thank you for your time.

#5 ·
Yes, Raygun, was and still is on my short list. I was thinking that since Rome Brigade (not K2 Brigade, no idea if there are similarities) is more camber will be nicer for carving, compared with more flat on Raygun.

Only thing is that it seems Brigade is more for advanced than for beginner-intermediate (although, i like to think, fast learner).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.