Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I would say both boards are very comparable in tech and use. Unless you can get the 2011 Celebrity at the same price as the Believer or it has some tech you really want, save the $$ and get the Believer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Celebrity with BS

I like my boards to be on the stiffer side, the boards I have used in the last few years are 08/09 Omatic Sweet, 07/08 Gnu Riders Choice, 06/07 Academy Otterstrom, 05/06 Academy Otterstrom and before that I had a few Burton Balances

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Not sure on the K2 but both boards look more geared toward freestyle then your current boards.
The celebrity is a twin so there will be a slight difference in that from your current board. If I knew more about the K2 I would be more helpful, sorry. From what I understand the Celebrity will be flat between your bindings and the K2 is flat through out.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Next years info on the Omatic can be gotten from this site :+: ???? :+: ????.

Just can not tell you which one would be better for you. Only got a couple days on next years omatics in slushy conditions so would not want to steer you wrong with a limited experience. Will say though that I did enjoy the Omatics while I had them. Just not a big K2 fan myself and never ridden one of their boards.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I own a Believer and the board is stiffer than your average freestyle board. IMO, it is a pipe/jump board with some rails thrown in. It carves great when you just want to freeride and there's no chatter when bombing down hills. I've never ridden an Omatic, but looking at the 2010 specs, it appears the boards are constructed very similarly, hence my comment above about saving the $$ unless there's something in the Omatic you're really looking for.

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
I own a Believer and the board is stiffer than your average freestyle board. IMO, it is a pipe/jump board with some rails thrown in. It carves great when you just want to freeride and there's no chatter when bombing down hills. I've never ridden an Omatic, but looking at the 2010 specs, it appears the boards are constructed very similarly, hence my comment above about saving the $$ unless there's something in the Omatic you're really looking for.
Yeah next years BS version Celebrity is different due to the BS tech makes it a bit different when comparing the base profiles so they will ride much different. Is why I asked if he wanted the BS tech version. Was not bashing your view at all. If it was not the bs tech would have said the believer to save cash bit think Omatics usually hit around a $390 MSRP so is not a very pricey board to begin with.

Would say try to get on a BS version to try first if possible. On paper would just say go for the K2 since is cheaper.

Featured exclusively on the Extr-Eco, their B.S. Technology combines reverse camber with an industry first 3-Dimensional Bowed Surface technology. OK ok, we know what you’re thinking and you may well be asking yourself what the heck are those guys talking about? Well here’s the low down. B.S. Technology combines reverse camber with a convex base profile that lifts the edges off the snow or jib surface between the contact points while the center of board remains directly in contact; creating a loose ride that eliminates the much feared armageddon edge-catch. Originally developed by our design robots to give a little somethin’ somethin’ to take the edge off those boilerplate park days and street rail sessions, B.S. Technology provides increased maneuverability and a lively ride on all types of terrain.
Sorry still not much help.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hmmm...this BS tech sounds a little like what Bataleon has on their boards.

In terms of prices, at 40% off, the Believer would be about $270, which wouldn't be bad at all for this board. As I said, it all comes down to what he's looking for - price versus tech. Either way, I don't think he'll go wrong.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I've owned both K2 and omatic.

K2 is built all around much better, stronger and last longer than omatic....but I got my omatic so ridiculously cheap, would have been dumb not to get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts