Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

I am interested in trying something new and booking a snowboard trip in the Zao Onsen resort, Japan.

I have never tried snowboarding before, and have a few questions which I would really appreciate some advice on.

1) I do not own any equipment or clothing. Can everything be rented at the resort? Is there anything you would suggest i buy beforehand?

2) Are lessons available at all resorts? How much does it cost and do I need to book in advance?

3) As a complete novice, is there any important information you feel would be worth sharing?

I look forward to your kind reply!

Regards,

Kal

·
Registered
640 Posts
Excellent, we need more snowboarders!

1. Yes, you can rent everything at a resort.
2. Lessons are generally available everywhere. Get lessons for sure. Sometimes there are lift pass and lessons combo packs that are a good deal.
3. Snowboarding is the greatest feeling. It can hurt to learn though. You will be falling a lot. Padded shorts help a bunch. Try not to use your hands to break your fall. Don't expect to be too awesome immediately and just have fun with it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I would show up with snow pants and a jacket with good waterproofing/breathability.

Also... padded shorts may be a good idea.

Definitely get a lesson. It'll save you a lot of falling and frustration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts