Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, would really appreciate some advice as I am looking for a new board to progress on.

I'm 5 ft 3 approx 126 - 133 pounds, boot size US 7 / Uk 5 and have been boarding for around 2 years and am really enjoying it.

I have been to the french Alps 3 times for week long trips and am confident on most runs, have done a bit of off piste, but mostly groomed runs.

I have been using a K2 moment 2010 board 142 which my friend gave me, it has been a great board to learn on but I am looking for some thing new that can handle higher speeds, straights and to do more off piste on and perhaps try some park / jumps, probably won't do much of this though !

I am looking for some thing with a rocker/ banana and have been looking at the GNU B Pro C2 in 146 as this is the smallest size. After reading reviews I am not sure if this is going to be too advanced. I would say I am beginner / intermediate.

If any one has any feedback from riding this board I would really like to hear what you think. The other ones I am looking at are the Ladies Choice, B - Nice and B - Street. But I keep going back to the B - Pro as it is more of an all mountain board.

Thanks for your help !

·
Registered
136 Posts
my fiance has a ride tokidoki board/bindings in 144. im trying to talk her into upgrading into a bpro as well in a 146

as far as level is concerned... i would consider myself an advanced beginner whos more in it for the speed runs and carving... i pretty much started on a lib tech banana magic which is considered an "advanced" board.

to be honest, it felt just right to me even as a beginner. i think youll be just fine on a b pro... i read it is on the stiff side so if you like speed, it should work fine

·
Registered
8,209 Posts
B pro will be a great board to progress on...might kick your ass for a bit and you will have to be aggressive with it to get its designed performance out of it. Its a really fun board...have demo'd a 155 for a couple of days...but I am a guy 180# with very small feet size 7 boots and 10 years of riding...155 bpro or 154 rider's choice will probably be my next purchase. Btw the ladies choice would be another a good option that is a tad softer...so a tad more playful than hard charge of the b pro.

edit: just re-read OP...maybe a ladies choice...its also an all mtn...since ur beginner/intermediate. U need to be an advanced intermediate to advanced before jumping on a bpro...and you will still need to be aggressive otherwise it will likely take you for a ride.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I have a B Pro. wrath nailed it ^

If you really want to try the B Pro, demo first.

As for the LC, I've never ridden it but it has the asym heelside if I'm not mistaken. Might want to demo that first as well.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Compared to your old board riding B-pro will feel like riding a 2x4. At least at first. It's considerably stiffer, faster and more aggressive. It will take some getting used to but this board will make you progress. For what you intend to do it's definitely an adequate choice. I actually don't think it's too advanced for a relatively new rider, it's a nice board to grow into and to have fun with. It should last you a while.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all your replies !

This has given me loads of things to think about, I read a really useful review on the B Pro yesterday about how the stiffer board is ultra responsive and that can take some getting used to.

I would love to try it first, we have a board shop a few hours away with a slope to try them out, I will need to check if they stock GNU.

I think I am worried about spending the first few days of a trip on my ass trying to get used to the board, but I keep thinking about it. I think the Ladies choice is another one I am thinking about quite seriously.

Does any one know how the BPro and L C compares to the B - Street or B - Nice ? I see they are a bit more flexible as jib boards but seem to be able to do all mountain. They look quite fun borads.

Thanks for your help !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts