Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I'm really into wakeboarding and go on a yearly snowboarding trip to snowbird, utah. I can snowboard just fine, but I'm not familiar at all with snowboard brands as I am with wakeboarding brands. For example, I know Ronix as the brand who's on the "up" right now, coming up with new innovations every year, hyperlite as the veteran who makes great boards but are still in a way trying to catch up to ronix, slingshot somewhat of a subculture, well not really but you get what I mean. I'm looking for "personalities" of snowboard brands because I'm tired of renting equipment, and I really want to be able to a ride a board that suits me. I know for wakeboarding, I love a forgiving flexy board that I can also get aggressive on whenever I feel like it. I ride a Ronix Phoenix project. I love a really responsive snappy board that won't catch an edge the way a board with a really sharp edge would. I also like a high cut boot that's very supportive but has plenty of "hidden" flex for poking out grabs and whatnot. I'd like to hear some of your guys's opinions on a snowboard that would be pretty similar to what I like in a wakeboard. Looking for a park/terrain hybrid.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You'll need to demo, or get a performance rental that will allow you to change boards throughout the day. There is no way to answer your question as it's to broad and comparing apples to oranges. Also what does "I snowboard just fine mean"? Where do you spend your time: park, groomers, side country?

·
Banned
16 Posts
Rossignol

Apart from Rossignol, commonly referred to as a company "without all the hype". We make boards from the highest quality materials. Check out our Jibsaw and RocknRolla. Also, check out:

Personal list, does not reflect company views :D:
NOT BURTON
NOT CAPITA or FLOW or ROME or any of those companies that all fit that form, as a previous manager of one of the companies above for the European Division, I can assure you that the companies above do not employ good techniques and dont really care, thats all ill say for now

BATALEON
JONES
YES
NIDECKER
DC

AND OF COURSE ROSSIGNOL.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Apart from Rossignol, commonly referred to as a company "without all the hype". We make boards from the highest quality materials. Check out our Jibsaw and RocknRolla. Also, check out:

NOT BURTON
NOT CAPITA or FLOW or ROME or any of those companies that all fit that form, as a previous manager of one of the companies above for the European Division, I can assure you that the companies above do not employ good techniques and dont really care, thats all ill say for now

BATALEON
JONES
YES
NIDECKER
DC

AND OF COURSE ROSSIGNOL.
If you are going to :storm: on brands from personal experience working with them, speaking on behalf of the company or not you have to give us something better than; "they don't really care", we use "high quality materials" and their techniques aren't "good". If you could be a little more vague on a snowboarding forum that would be just great.....

·
Premium Member
421 Posts

NOT BURTON

BATALEON
JONES
YES
NIDECKER
DC

AND OF COURSE ROSSIGNOL.
Seriously. Wow.

·
Registered
451 Posts
well, speaking of snowboard personalities: i've always thought of snowboards as being somewhat introverted, no matter the brand. they tend to be very inanimate, and really won't carry on a good conversation. rather submissive, i'd say, as well. so as they all seem to act the same, i'd suggest comparing graphics to find the perfect board.

·
The Swiss Miss
7,440 Posts
Either an elaborate troll or just typical French :dunno:

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Rossingol, you do realize when you do stuff like that it makes you look like shit. You should just say what of your boards you would recommend, don't hate on other companies...seriously you don't thing enough forum members are going to through out other brands to buy or not to buy.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
I personally love the section under his posts. You know the signature...

As the C.E.O. of Rossignol Snowboards I can promise that the 2013/2014 line will be the best snowboards ever produced by Rossignol due to select models being manufactured in our France factory in La Buisse, and advanced technology such as MagTek construction and Magne-Traction Edges. Enjoy!
So the WHOLE LINE will be great because you make SOME of them in house, which means you charge more for them and not as much for the others because they are made by a 3rd party company so not up to much but still bear your name...

Really...???

Great thought process on how to market to someone who thinks about what people write, and doesn't believe all the bullshit...

And as for...

Apart from Rossignol, commonly referred to as a company "without all the hype".
What exactly does that mean...??? That you haven't made it yet...? Or are just jealous that others have...??? I am a little confused by that remark... And i have never heard that remark before so "commonly" means by a few people, not by the masses surely... WHich makes commonly a suggestive remark that actually has no meaning...

And while on the subject of commenting about other brands, have you thought that over half the people here probably ride the brands you have just slated and actually think they are good, and that they have spent there hard earned cash on buying these products and you have just slated there personal choice, thus slagging them and their decision making process...

Well that went well... :D

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
Yes well the french do have this arrogant obnoxious streak in them...

But you only have to search "french war victories" to understand what they are really about...

RUN FOR THE HILLS...!!! :giggle:

·
Registered
9,299 Posts

NOT BURTON

BATALEON
JONES
YES
NIDECKER
DC

AND OF COURSE ROSSIGNOL.
Great job repping a brand trying to make a comeback into the sport. It doesn't matter that you are stating these things as "personal and not as the feelings of your brand", you said them and you work for Rossi. You're making some great boards right now, but with that attitude you won't gain much confidence from those that don't have the chance to ride before we buy.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Great job repping a brand trying to make a comeback into the sport.
I feel like we need a verified account type (like twitter) for individuals representing themselves as industry figures to weed out the real from the fake. :dunno:

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,458 Posts
Yes well the french do have this arrogant obnoxious streak in them...

But you only have to search "french war victories" to understand what they are really about...

RUN FOR THE HILLS...!!! :giggle:
:eusa_clap::laugh::laugh::eusa_clap:
Glad it was the European's that posted that!!!

(...otherwise we'd be reading about us "Ugly American's!!") ;)
:laugh::laugh:

GOD! I love the sarcasm around here!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
451 Posts
i just want to take this moment to admire the top-notch formatting on all of chomps' posts... i thoroughly enjoy reading them, and most of the time, it's out loud, in a weird voice. thanks for that!

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,458 Posts
i just want to take this moment to admire the top-notch formatting on all of chomps' posts... i thoroughly enjoy reading them, and most of the time, it's out loud, in a weird voice. thanks for that!
...I repeat, GOD I love the Sarcasm around here!! :D
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Well he is French. Maybe he didn't mean to say it like that.

Any French Canadians in here to help us out? :laugh:

Or I suspect a troll.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts