Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I know this gets asked a lot, but everyone here is really helpful so I'm hoping I could get recommendations as well.

I've been riding for about 6 years years now. My current setup is a NeverSummer Proto with Union Forces (I love the board and will probably upgrade the bindings sometime this year to something lighter). The board is more on the stiffer side-- 6/7 out of 10. This is what I will ride for all-mountain and especially power days.

I started doing some park last year and wanted a softer board strictly for boxes/rails, some small kickers, and buttering around groomers.

These were the boards I saw people recommending:
  • - Ride Crush (some places say this is mid flex and others say it's noodly soft).
  • - Ride Kink (mixed reviews about this as well. some say it's softer and some say stiffer than the Crush?
Weight: 190
Height: 5' 11'
Boot size: 10.5
Riding style: Strictly Boxes, Rails, jumps, and buttering (I have my NS Proto for an all-mountain board)
budget: ~$200
Your location of riding: Lake Tahoe, CA -- mostly Kirkwood and Heavenly

If there's great binding that would match with the board well, I'd love to hear those also.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Arbor Draft
K2 world wide weapon
Capita Horrorscope
Bataleon Disaster
flow verve

All boards to look at in addition to the ones you mentioned, i would say the kink is slightly softer than medium flex, not a noodle. don't know about the crush. Basicly if you can find one in the size and price you want go for it, there isn't a whole lot of difference in these boards besides camber profiles, they will all be softer than your proto

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Riley212

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll read up on those.

I understand most will be softer than my Proto but I'm looking for something noticeably softer. If it's only slightly softer than the Proto I may as well just use that.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If you want a softer flex same profile get the Status snowboard ID for 99$ plus shipping at statussnow.com made by neversummer.

it really is a good deal i have 2 of their boards bought in last march.

Get the 153 ID model.

you will fit and it'll feel fine.

I have the same model and same boot size plus another 25lbs heavier on you.

Fast base and good flex.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This just blew my mind. I haven't heard of them before.

Do you know which NeverSumer board the ID 153 is comparable to?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got back from my first day of riding my flow verve and I loved it. It was really playful. I didn't really get into the park because it was the first day of the season but it butters awesome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just pulled the trigger on the Status ID 153. I figured it's cheap enough that if I don't like I can give it to someone else.

If it doesn't work out I'll consider some of the other ones mentioned here.

Thanks for the help everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts