Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Bit of a newbie to boarding but absolutely loving it, looking for some advice though.

I've fallen in love with a relatively cheap Stepchild 2010 Harlequin Board. They only do up to 152 cms but claim to be a really good all round beginners board. I'm just a bit worried this will be too short/narrow as it's a typical small ladies board. I'm five foot 8 ish, with size 7 (UK) feet and weigh around 10 stone.

Anybody who could give any advice, would be very much appreciated! Also completing Snow Camp Rally in the UK in October to raise money for Snow Camp charity which provides snowsport opportunities to underprivileged and inner city kids, so if anyone is interested in donating to a worthwhile cause please do drop me a message and i'll send you a link :)

Thanks folks! :laugh:

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
What price is it? New or Used?

To be fair, is there really much difference in boards mens and womens...??? I don't know, never really questioned it...

Size is subjective to the type of riding you will be doing, but if it is rated as a beginner-intermediate, then it will be suitable for exactly that...

Size wise, i weigh 15st am 5"11 and ride a 153, and a 154 a 155 and a 158 and the size makes little difference in my mind but i know that it does in the real world, if you like it buy it, if it doesn't suit you, sell it and buy something else, at least you will of tried...

How much time have you had on the snow and where just out of interest...

As for the donations, i know it is a snowboarding forum, but there are not so many brits on here, if you are serious about doing it, commit and then maybe post details with a just giving link, people like updates and to know more details, and in this economy is hard, i could do sponsored events all day, but there is no point if only raising a few pounds, you need to be raising a little more than that and from a newbie on a site for foreigners will be hard but not impossible...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
err its only 100.... new. Must be cause its an old model and i think theyre clearing stock. Thanks for the advice, much more down to earth! Everything ive read is like "you MUST have the right size, bla bla"! Sounded a bit daunting, so thanks f:eek:r the realistic approach! As for the fundraising, I kind of wanted to start a thread, but being a noob I didnt want to just blast in asking for donations :p Im genuinely interested in the forum as well, didnt want people to get the wrong idea! haha!

Thanks! :)))

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
err its only 100.... new. Must be cause its an old model and i think theyre clearing stock. Thanks for the advice, much more down to earth! Everything ive read is like "you MUST have the right size, bla bla"! Sounded a bit daunting, so thanks f:eek:r the realistic approach! As for the fundraising, I kind of wanted to start a thread, but being a noob I didnt want to just blast in asking for donations :p Im genuinely interested in the forum as well, didnt want people to get the wrong idea! haha!

Thanks! :)))
That is a good price for a newbie to get to grips with the sport on a board that may not be the most advanced tech but will not lose much either...

Hang around, join in, and just get to know people, there are a few from England, more about you, where you ride for example if you do indoors etc, it all helps, and participate in stuff if you can, and ask on others threads as well, no question is stupid unless you ask a stupid question... ;) If people know they will generally help...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts