Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
The Dupraz isn't in the same league as the others if you want a charger.
Depends which one you choose.
I have a standard & a D+, both are 5'5
The D+ charges just as hard as any.
Most people that try a Dupraz for some reason end up riding the D+, those are the people that end up not liking them.

I can't imagine how hard a D++ must charge

TT

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
@timmytard I have the same Honey Circle in a 152! That’s the board that made me fall in love with riding. I’ll post a pic of my Palmers later.
Really?
Hahaha I haven't tried it yet.
It's a noodle compared to the other two.
Wasn't sure how good it would be?
Guess I'm gonna have to ride it before I sell it.

TT

·
Registered
834 Posts
@timmytard Its more of an all mtn freestyle board. I rode it when I was like 12-14 yrs old I think. I don’t know how much of that is hindsight through rose colored lenses. If I recall I had some blue burton customs on there and nitro boots at the time. Special Blend and Sessions were still around and 3 Musketeers weren’t fat free yet.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
The Dupraz isn't in the same league as the others if you want a charger.
The Dupraz is a pretty unique board, pretty sure there isn't another board company out there, with only 1 shape.
With different sizes & flex patterns.
Not that I'm aware of???

Here's an Avalanche this was Chris Sanders dream board.
This was supposed to be one of the best boards in the world when it came out.
According to Chris Sanders lol

Beside my D+
The Avalanche even has taper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
A vote for the Yes Optimistic...agile, grippy, stable and dances through trees as well as it leaves scalpel lines in the snow.
But adding to my list is the Nidecker 'The Donuts'.
I got to try the Nidecker Smoke 2021model, and loved it. Very similar to the Yes in terms of performance, but stiffer both torsionally and flex wise. I then discovered that it was almost identical to the Smoke, with only cosmetic changes to the tip and tail.
Thanks to a killer deal I got the 2017 Donuts for a fraction of the price of a new one.
I only got in 5 days on it before the pandemic shut my resort, but they were the most enjoyable 4 days of riding I had this winter.
Being stiffer than the Yes, it's grip at high speed and acceleration out of turns were like an alpine board.
Nidecker claim that the base is the fastest one used on a production board, and I have to say, I don't doubt it. I think it's easily as fast as my Oxess SBX was when I raced Boardercross, possibly faster.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts