Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience with snowboarding guides/tours in Japan? I'm trying to plan a trip to Japan and want to go snowboarding there, but my fiance doesn't feel comfortable with me boarding alone (she doesn't do snow sports). I tried looking for someone to board with, but that doesn't seem to be going well.

I'm getting pretty desperate now so if anyone knows of a service that I can use to just have someone board with me (or a tour if necessary I suppose) that'd be great. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I answered you post on the other forum about this same issue.
When and where will you be in japan?
I go there every year, last year I went solo for 6 weeks and met up with heaps of people from forums etc. Ive made great friends with some of them.

I have always done Hokkaido but this year I am basing myself in Nagano and getting a nozawa season pass. I will be riding from jan1 till when I go home feb 17.

You are more than welcome to tag along with me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I answered you post on the other forum about this same issue.
When and where will you be in japan?
I go there every year, last year I went solo for 6 weeks and met up with heaps of people from forums etc. Ive made great friends with some of them.

I have always done Hokkaido but this year I am basing myself in Nagano and getting a nozawa season pass. I will be riding from jan1 till when I go home feb 17.

You are more than welcome to tag along with me.
Like I said in the other thread, just about anywhere in Japan would be fine with me. We are still in the process of planning the trip so we can plan the rest of the trip around whenever/wherever people are available for me to tag along. I wanted to board somewhere in Hokkaido, but really anywhere would have been fine.

That sounds awesome to be there for the entire season! I wish I could do that. Unfortunately my trip is from 12/14 - 12/31 with a stop in Taiwan toward the end (12/27 - 12/30 I think) so I won't be able to meet up with you :sad:

Since it seems like you've been to both areas, do you have a recommendation (in case I somehow have the opportunity to choose between them)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts