Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized aggressive is a word used quite frequently in snowboarding. Aggressive rider, aggressive side-cut, aggressive stance... etc. What is an aggressive rider? There isn't a definition anywhere online that I could find when i came to snowboarding. Yet, everyone uses it. What do you guys think it means?

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
When we ride by someone asking what aggressive means we punch them in the face, balls or boobs to show them the definition. In summit co you can do all of the above..... Just be glad you asked it on a forum and not in person.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Haha Ok what is a passive rider than?
A rider that asks what is an "aggressive rider" :eusa_clap:

if your serious I characterize it to be a rider that may take more risks, hit features on a hill most riders are staying away from, carving hard down steep runs, bombing hills at a high rate of speed. Someone that is not just out looking at the beautiful scenery or enjoying the smooth gentle lazy green runs.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When we ride by someone asking what aggressive means we punch them in the face, balls or boobs to show them the definition. In summit co you can do all of the above..... Just be glad you asked it on a forum and not in person.
Wow must be pretty dangerous in those summit streets!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
A rider that asks what is an "aggressive rider" :eusa_clap:

if your serious I characterize it to be a rider that may take more risks, hit features on a hill most riders are staying away from, carving hard down steep runs, bombing hills at a high rate of speed. Someone that is not just out looking at the beautiful scenery or enjoying the smooth gentle lazy green runs.
Yeah. That sounds like me.

·
Registered
545 Posts
if you're an aggressive rider, it pretty much means you just straight up drop heavy, blow shit up and take out the GNARbage like a powder gangster!

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Yep that's what I think.

Aggressive rider = main focus is on pushing themselves all the time. Steeper, deeper, higher, faster, longer, is the main goal. Usually likes a stiffer setup that can give them the confidence to push... Doesn't spend much time being social. Lifts are for social time, or looking for the next aggressive line to ride. When riding in a group, if breaking up into the singles line will get them riding faster, they'll do it at the cost of social time.

Aggressive stance = I don't think this is a real thing. I don't think a wider stance is more aggressive, the RIGHT stance for the rider is going to be the most aggressive.

Aggressive sidecut = Again I don't think this is real. A short radius sidecut will turn harder with less lean, but that doesn't make it more aggressive. A long sidecut radius allows you to be more aggressive with carves because you need to lean the board more for a given turn radius.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
i yell at grandmas and families that are in my way, and occasionally bodycheck skiers off the cattrack into the bushes and trees, do i rate?

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Its a mindset or attitude of attack...that is a combination of: trying to use the fullest potential of the board's design, taking advantage to use the fullest potential of the line/snow/terrain...while pushing the envelope of your skills. Its a magical moment when these factors come together...its called the flow state...riding the razor's edge or that endless moment when a rider disappears.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Its a mindset or attitude of attack...that is a combination of: trying to use the fullest potential of the board's design, taking advantage to use the fullest potential of the line/snow/terrain...while pushing the envelope of your skills. Its a magical moment when these factors come together...its called the flow state...riding the razor's edge or that endless moment when a rider disappears.
wow, well said, that was quite poetic

·
Registered
209 Posts
Reads responses* And they said I was aggressive. Even though if you cut me off. Once a week I will have some of my brother's lame ass friends ring your door bell, and when you open the door BAM! you get punched right in your man business.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,460 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts