Those glacier pics are absolutely stunning. Wow. Looks like an amazing trip Neni! I hope you get your liners sorted out.
No chance of flying days at all?Laying in bed reading and watching bald eagles fly by the window every odd half hour beats sitting in the office at work tho
Forecasts are pretty unreliable up here more than 12hrs in advance... but... so far the radar looks like thick deep pressure hit. We'll see. First chance for a change looks like Thursday.No chance of flying days at all?
Holy smokes. That's insane.The tour camp up in the zone reports 5 feet. They've been shoveling alla time to keep the tents cleared. Still nuking without end. Storm is followed by an even bigger one. It's over for us, we won't get a flight window and avy danger is way too high to hike anything. Next potential window will be late next week.
Yup, Friday @ Crystal is what we're hoping for.You can go do some storm riding northwest style. There is a big storm kicking in. Its raining now but turning to snow and gonna dump a foot here. Im sure Washington is gonna get it too.... snoqualmie pass, stevens pass, crystal.... check their noaa forcasts...
National Weather Service
Looks like friday is going to be a sunny pow day in the northwest....
I'm sure you have good reason for wanting to go back to Crystal. But if something changes? You should think about heading up to Baker. I'm pretty sure it's about the same drive time from Seattle if not a little closer.Yup, Friday @ Crystal is what we're hoping for.
It's the higher elevation of CM which made us think of that destination rather than Baker. The later had rain in the forecasts - and believe me, I'm soooo fed up with rain meanwhileI'm sure you have good reason for wanting to go back to Crystal. But if something changes? You should think about heading up to Baker. I'm pretty sure it's about the same drive time from Seattle if not a little closer.
Either way,... hope you get to finish up your trip with summmore pow! :grin:
ur right about the elevation CM wins...and it will be easier because not having to deal with going through Seattle trafficIt's the higher elevation of CM which made us think of that destination rather than Baker. The later had rain in the forecasts - and believe me, I'm soooo fed up with rain meanwhile
Sounds like an awesome plan! I love road tripsNext year if you guys try for the PNW again let me know. I am down for some road tripping to Interior BC and chasing some snow storms. Get a MAX pass, 5 days at a bunch of resorts. Big Sky is 12 hours, Revelstoke is 12 hours, Crystal and Snoqualmie are about 6 hours. Bachelor is epic unless you hit the one week we get shit weather, lol.... Salt Lake is 10 or 12 hours(Solitude and Brighton are MAX pass).... In Reality the NW will get a couple of rain events each winter when the Jetstream shifts too far in the wrong direction... It rained today followed by snow tonight and for the next 2 days.....
I never have a problem driving.... We are going to Copper this Friday for Matts Nationals in boardercross Sat-Mon then we haul ass to Kirkwood for North American Champs in Big mountain Tues-Sunday..... Then I go back to work Monday(ugh).....