Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a good pair of all mountain bindings. I mostly do trees, moguls, and generally anything on the mountain. I stay away from the park. What would be a good binding to get? I was looking at some Flow NX2 but im not sure I care about saving 10 seconds strapping in. I definitely would prefer a stiffer binding. I had a pair of Rome but the highback snapped and they were not stiff enough for my tastes.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Speed entry isn't even my favorite thing about Flow. They have really strong edge to edge quickness and all the new stuff is built really well.

Others to look at, K2 Company, Raiden Machine, Flux SF45, or Salomon Caliber.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Can't go wrong with Burton Cartel or Malavita either.

edit. maybe not stiff enough for you but neither are soft, they are both solid all mountainers.

The Raiden Machines that Nivek mentions seem real attractive, not sure I want a pair THAT stiff though (personally). Been eyeballin em for a couple years those things are packed full of features.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I do similar riding and I love my Flow NX2-AT bindings. While speed of strapping in might not be a main concern of yours, its pretty sweet to just kick in while riding off the chair and get right into your run...

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am kinda nervous to get away from the two strap system though. Are flows nx2-gt pretty good? They are two strap reverse entry bindings.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Raiden Machines that Nivek mentions seem real attractive, not sure I want a pair THAT stiff though (personally). Been eyeballin em for a couple years those things are packed full of features.
I have the 13 machines and like them, but the lack of adequate forward lean is an issue for me. There are some slight adjustments possible, but it leaves a pretty good gap between my highback and boot back. The space kills the responsiveness on what is supposed to be a responsive freeride binding. I hope they add a forward lean adjustor back in for 2014

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
I am kinda nervous to get away from the two strap system though. Are flows nx2-gt pretty good? They are two strap reverse entry bindings.
The Hybrid is my strap of choice with Flow. The ankle part just wraps my boot super well and the fit is great.

·
Premium Member
7,585 Posts
The Hybrid is my strap of choice with Flow. The ankle part just wraps my boot super well and the fit is great.
I totally agree. Love the two strap flows. I used the old power strap for 5-6the years and changed early last season. Super responsive

1 - 10 of 10 Posts