Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im stuck on what board to get. I weight 125, size 11.5 nike shoe (dont know if it differs) 5' 11" and Im 14 so Im still going to grow. Im going to Montana for my first time snowboarding during Spring Break. Im snowboarding for 6 straight days and I am also pretty good at longboarding and carving, sliding and all that so I think I will understand snowboarding a little faster. Im looking for a board that can go through the park and rails but also go fast down mountains. Im in the range of around $150-250 but may expand a little and its ok to get a 2012 board. Im going to start snowboarding everyweek in the winter next year for ski and snowboard bus at my high school also and during the summer. I also need some binding but Im going to rent boots. So if you could reconmend a quality intermediate board and some good bindings that would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Whatever you decide on I highly recomend buying from dogfunk rather than the house. All the same deals and products, but if you dont like a board you buy, they will always return it no questions asked even if its used and 5 years later. I used to buy from the house before i switched to dogfunk... theyre fine until you need to return anything because they have absolutely horrible customer service.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I were you I would buy a pair of boots first. IMO they are most important piece of your setup, ESPECIALLY if you are boarding for 6 straight days and every week next year. A solid comfortable fitting boot will make your trip much more fun. I wouldnt skimp on your boot either, you can buy a nice boot for less than $250. Go try them on at the board shop for comfort and size, then shop the internet. I would buy a .5 size bigger since your still growing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think the board suggestions above are all good, my only suggestion to you is to consider buying new boots. I did the exact same thing when I started snowboarding, I later discovered how much more comfortable it was to have my own boots that were formed to my feet. I understand what its like to have a budget though, just thought I would pass on my experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Agree completely on the boot idea. I bought cheapo $100 boots right away and rode them like four times and decided to upgrade. I bought $300 ones this time and don't regret it one bit... Not only are they more comfy, but they really changed the way my board rode too, much more responsive and precise with turning and just felt much more locked in.that being said, there are definitely nice boots for under $250 and I think it might be better to start with those

1 - 12 of 12 Posts