Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve decided to buy my first board after many years of renting. Ive done a ton of research but can’t seem to find any that fit my profile. I’m beg-intermediate skill and usually do all mountain (no parks or rails). I usually go to Beaver Creek or Taos . I like to cruise for the most part carve it up some times. I’m fairly limited on boards since I’m 210lbs and need a wider board as well (size 12 boot). Any suggestions would be awesome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve decided to buy my first board after many years of renting. Ive done a ton of research but can’t seem to find any that fit my profile. I’m beg-intermediate skill and usually do all mountain (no parks or rails). I usually go to Beaver Creek or Taos . I like to cruise for the most part carve it up some times. I’m fairly limited on boards since I’m 210lbs and need a wider board as well (size 12 boot). Any suggestions would be awesome!
I’m not a super advanced rider by any means, but I like to do my research as well. Given your size you probably want a wide board, although it pays to measure your foot properly, as you can normally size down your boots from your regular shoes.
Do you ride off piste in trees? Do you do much switch riding? What boards have you tried before? What things did you like and didn’t you like? It may help other people to have this information to improve their recommendations. To me it sounds like you may want something volume shifted and directional for carving, with camber for a good edge hold, maybe a superpig or something along those lines?
Cheers,
Seth

·
Registered
532 Posts
Seems like you want a good daily driver that doesn’t nessasarily need to excel in any specific area. Prob don’t need a true twin but I wouldn’t go full directional incase you want to mess around switch. Lots a great boards to choose from. First Thoughts Salomon Assassin, Capita Mercury, Jones mountain twin, Arbor west mark camber/ or crosscut, lib tech TRS, YES basic/typo. These are all mountain/ freestyle boards that aren’t to aggressive but are good do everything decks. If your interested in 3bt the Goliath is a great board

1 - 3 of 3 Posts