Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new board for this season and looking for recommendations. I'm an intermediate rider on the east coast. I currently ride a rocker to flat to rocker board and am leaning toward a camber hybrid. I am really stuck between the Jones Frontier and a 161w Jones Mountain Twin. I'm 6'4 & 200 lbs with a 11.5 boot for reference. I am looking to mostly do all-mtn riding hitting side hits and small to medium jumps, but also want to bomb trails and pop through some tree runs with minimal park riding. I'd also like to practice riding switch a lot more and trying out 180s and 3s which i don't have too much experience with. Will the mountain twin in a 161 be too bulky for throwing around in trees or should it be all right? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I'm your size. You should be fine on the 161w Frontier or Mtn twin, but 158w could also work and would be more nimble. It's your choice whether you want to optimize for speed and stability (161w) or quick turning in crowds and trees (158w). You don't have to worry much about powder on the east coast.

If you're primarily at places like Hunter then I'd suggest the shorter board but get the 161w if you can get to Jay Peak, Killington, or Tremblant regularly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm your size. You should be fine on the 161w Frontier or Mtn twin, but 158w could also work and would be more nimble. It's your choice whether you want to optimize for speed and stability (161w) or quick turning in crowds and trees (158w). You don't have to worry much about powder on the east coast.

If you're primarily at places like Hunter then I'd suggest the shorter board but get the 161w if you can get to Jay Peak, Killington, or Tremblant regularly.
mostly hitting wildcat and attitash as I have the drifter pass for this season, but hoping to get to killington, mt snow, and tremblant this season. thinking im going to go with the 161w but still hung up on which board. thanks for the reply!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts