Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

My first post here. I'm anxiously preparing to the upcoming season and looking to get a new all mountain board.

Background:
I'm intermediate-advanced rider. I've been riding the Rockies for about 7 years now. Last three years a little less since I live in Houston now but before that I was spending 30+ days in the Mountains.
5'11" 170 lbs, 33 years old
I ride pretty much any terrain, do a little switch but mostly prefer freeride, trees and powder, I'm OK with groomers too. I don't do park, although enjoy occasional jumps here and there.
My current board is Atomic Alibi (2006) 159cm. I really like this board and it served me well for all these years. It's still in very good shape, I'm just looking to try something new(er).
Boot size 11 so I really need to get a little wider board. My boots are really stiff with excellent heel lock (that's the way I like it), I'm planning on using Burton Cartel bindings on a new setup.
I was thinking stepping up a size to 161 or so length, what do you think?
Doing the research, few boards that really caught my eye are Lib Tech T.Rice Pro HP (I tried it once last year in Jackson, but not enough to form a solid opinion, other than it had an excellent edge control). I was also looking at something more aggressive like Volkl Coal XT (have no idea if it's possible to by stateside). Another option I'm kind of intrigued by is Never Summer Raptor X

Thanks very much for your suggestions!

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
For starters the HP is only marginally better than the standard Rice. Its really just not worth the extra money.

For you style of riding the boards I've had the most fun are the Salomon Man's Board, Ride Berzerker, K2 Turbo Dream, Flow Drifter or Rush, Yes PYL, or a Bataleon Enemy or Undisputed (I don't remember at the moment which, one of those is the super techy high price one. Not that one.).

·
Banned
257 Posts
DC Devun Pro

Check out the DC Devun Pro. Stiff, Twin, Powder oriented monster. Radius 2 Flat, Structurn, and a Slugger Core. The highest quality board DC makes, and last years model is cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts