Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i'm new. i live in France, (Alps) , i would like to change my old burton T6 and bindings ( mission).

I ride 15/18 days per years, only focus the The all mountain fun, freestyle that’s going to ollie, play with the natural feature, riding pow and jump..

I don't spend my time in the park, more sidecountry. 10% park, 30% groomer, 60% pow sidecountry/backcountry.

Today i would buy one board quiver killer.

After Having to look at reviews some boards are interesting:

K2 happy hour, salomon time machine/villain, nitro uberspoon, arbor coda/element, capita doa, or NS proto HD.

I prefer a board which ride cool or agressive depending of the day, with a behavior of surfing.

i'm 5'8 (177cm) and 147 lbs ( ~66 kg).

Which board among the list did you advise me? and the size?

Thanks

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
What do you not like about the T6? Or is it just getting old? That should help us help you pick a board...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
What do you not like about the T6? Or is it just getting old? That should help us help you pick a board...
Getting old i think 2006, but i love the light weight, the responsive of the edge, and the versatility that can handle the board in powder and groomer. A little beat stiff a nervous ride, i would like somethings more softer. I reproach the fragilty of the board, i slide on rail box one time and dent the core.

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
Fair enough, I've got a T7 and found the same thing. Running over rocks actually cracks the topsheet because the core transfers that power through to the top.

So you want something aggressive, fairly stiff (but not T6 stiff), mostly off-piste riding.

If you want to stay with the Burton family, the Landlord is Terjes next board. Otherwise, there are lots of options with other board companies.

Volkl Coal XT comes to mind...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fair enough, I've got a T7 and found the same thing. Running over rocks actually cracks the topsheet because the core transfers that power through to the top.

So you want something aggressive, fairly stiff (but not T6 stiff), mostly off-piste riding.

If you want to stay with the Burton family, the Landlord is Terjes next board. Otherwise, there are lots of options with other board companies.

Volkl Coal XT comes to mind...
Not scpecialy aggressive, medium flex rate.
Landlord and coal xt looks good but they are seems to be performante in one field.

I search more one board to do all.

What about capita DOA or k2 happy hour, that I mentioned higher?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts