Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day ladies and gents.

First off, thank you all for contributing information on this forum.

On to my question:

Looking for a board for pretty much the entire mountain. Going fast, some jumps, some random freestyle, stuff like that. (Not so much the park. But it doesn't mean I won't try tricks elsewhere on the mountain.) I'd like to go to Alberta and BC at some point too, so a board that will also handle powder is a plus!

I am only a couple of seasons into snowboarding, but I am no longer a complete beginner, and I will be looking to improve my skills further. So I'd probably opt for a quality intermediate board that will allow for continuous steady improvement to advanced.

I did ask this question last year but then was not able to go riding. Last year the top responses for boards were Arbor Coda and Never Summer SL. Are any new interesting boards coming out this year? Are these still the solid choices or are there even better boards now? The 2014 Coda looks different at the tips, what is that all about? :icon_scratch:

I am 5'7", 150-160 lb, shoe size 9-10, 26 year old, if that affects the board choice.

What would be a good boot and binding pairing to go with the board and this riding style? I was looking at Flow NX2-AT last year. I like the "speed entry" idea for bindings, as long as it doesn't take away from their performance of course.

Thanks all! :)

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
BA just reviewed the Coda and felt it was improved. I loved the old Coda, but don't like the newer larger sizes. At your weight maybe it works better for you.

You're looking for a quiver killer of which there are a ton. Some love the Proto. I'm hearing good things about the Nitro Uberspoon and new and improved K2 Happy Hour.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jdang. I took a look at those. I'm also thinking about Salomon Man's Board and K2 Turbo Dream. Seem to fit the profile well. Just worried they may be too stiff for buttering, ollying, and stuff like that... Maybe not? :dunno:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts