Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bud sent me this video, his technique looks quite interesting. Not to mention he has quite the board to boot: The Art of Waxing A Snowboard - YouTube

This guy rubs wax on after heating it with iron and then uses regular parchment paper between the board and iron to spread the wax.

I did some further research and found that he rubs wax on like this for mainly economical reasons. Another point that someone made is that the drip method may damage the board??? :dizzy: (very improbable)

The parchment paper serves two purposes: an even spread and will pick up excess wax better. The paper will hold wax and deposit it on another part of the board if needed. if not it will take the wax off so there is less scraping.

Another bloke mentioned this is how the Japanese carry out their craft.

Thought this was worth the mention.

·
Banned
1,966 Posts
imo its cheaper and easier to just use the crayon method...no waste of paper, no dripping, no scraping needed...and did I say fast.
The crayon method is more or less what the video shows - just with the addition of of using the wax paper to spread out the wax. It is a legit method.

But what's up with the emo shorts of the board that made up half of the video. And he took off the bindings...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does one exclusively use the crayon method? Or would you throw in the conventional hot wax from time to time?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts