Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for an alternative to the very versatile dancehaul. The new model has horrible graphics and wont be available before october 2021 in uk. And dancehaul in 147 is sold out everywhere.
So looking for something similar.
Thank !

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Lib Orca, Gnu Gremlin, Ride WarPig, Telos Backslash, K2 Simple Pleasures, Bataleon Camel Two, Signal Yup

·
Premium Member
1,675 Posts
Check out my review of the Rome Stalefish on here. Also Rome Service Dog, the slightly less stiff version.

They're very similar boards to the dancehaul with a touch more setback and effective edge in the tail.

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
I love mine, and also next years graphics hah. Gonna grab a 152 as well for park/party board duties.

If I didn't have a Dancehaul, I feel like I'd either be on a Rome Stalefish, Nitro Slash, or a Niche Pyre. All of those should be just a touch stiffer than the dancehaul, but fairly similar dimensions and specs. Very tempted by the Slash even still, will be the most cambered of them all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thank
I was actually pretty tempted by the warpig and superpig until I realised the top layer chips and the manufacturer does not really care about it (I read that you can sand the edges but Im not gonna do that on a 300£ board).
The rest is nice but some unfortunately not available in europe or too narrow for my foot (11US).

By the way, it looks like im size 11US in snowboot and "Large" binding, what's the minimum waist width to avoid booting out ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you can order from NL, there is some good discount below:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet mate, I'll have a look. I'm 1.70m high with 11US snowboots so not easy to find a short board that's not too narrow for my feet.

·
910 Posts
Sweet mate, I'll have a look. I'm 1.70m high with 11US snowboots so not easy to find a short board that's not too narrow for my feet.
These volume shifted boards should be no problems in terms of WW for your boot size

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thank for the inputs
In the end, I went with a superpig 148, was so cheap (should come to 220£ with tax/shipping included) could not pass it up. Not a fan of the art work on the board, would rather have the all black side up

·
Registered
54 Posts
Can’t beat that price. Good work. I’m a big fan of volume shifted boards. Super fun in the trees and compared to a board the same length they really do float for days in pow.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
For future reference, had my first few rides this week. Never having a volume shifted board, I wouldnt call that a fun board. I've only done indoor pistes and my modele is the 2021 (which I think is exactly the same as the 2019-2020), not the new 2022.
It's very hard to turn/switch at low speed, feels like a truck. It requires good lower body strength to move the board, I wasnt expecting it to be that much. I didn't find it to be a particular fast board, but the board really comes to life when you go fast than it becomes mobile again and feel like it's on a rail. Probably due to the width, it's effortless to come to a stop and it does it on a short distance without spraying everyone on 100yards, that's quite a change!
Many thanks all again for your help and advices again

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
For future reference, had my first few rides this week. Never having a volume shifted board, I wouldnt call that a fun board. I've only done indoor pistes and my modele is the 2021 (which I think is exactly the same as the 2019-2020), not the new 2022.
It's very hard to turn/switch at low speed, feels like a truck. It requires good lower body strength to move the board, I wasnt expecting it to be that much. I didn't find it to be a particular fast board, but the board really comes to life when you go fast than it becomes mobile again and feel like it's on a rail. Probably due to the width, it's effortless to come to a stop and it does it on a short distance without spraying everyone on 100yards, that's quite a change!
All that extra width feels like that. You'll get used to it. I've found wider boards respond really well to carving. Even at low speeds, I'm thinking about turning with more angulation than would be needed on a skinny board.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Superpig is more of a charger than a Fun board. Also it has zero spoon and hardly rocker in tip or tail.

Rome Stalefish would have been maybe the better choice.

But you will get used to Superpig soon.

Hopefully you have a binding with stiff highback /flex 7of 10 or similar

Ride Capo, El Hefe and Union Flacor are good Bindings for Superpig.

Ride Revolt.or Malavita or Union Contact would be far too soft. Then the board is hard to turn and feels like a brick in snow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts