Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
It looks fine. Just do it a bunch once you get snow to get used to the feel of it while riding and it will be second nature in no time.

And yaaaaa.. don't ollie of jumps. Pop off with both feet equally so you stay balanced in the air.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Tempted to comment on the irony of rookie09 giving advice to expert365 but I think I'll refrain. Oh wait....

All in good fun gents!

Btw I didn't look closely but it looked like you had mostly ollies with a random straight pop and a nollie or two here and there. Do it moving on snow though, that's the only real way to get it down imo.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,497 Posts
I don't know for sure what I'm seeing, so I could be mistaken, but is it common for kids to keep their boots loose & unlaced like that at the top?
If so,.. Why? Wouldn't that make it harder to control the board with one's feet so loosely tied into their boot?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there weird boots theres no laces, but like a weird pully thing thats not boa. Idk my feet are still growing so i rent boots till they stop lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help so far guys! ill deffinitly try these when i get to the mountian i should be going this tuesday.

·
Registered
585 Posts
5 years of experience doesn't make you much more then a novice.
I don't claim to be an expert, but I am a good snowboarder and I certainly know enough to give basic advice regarding what an ollie looks like!

And in case you don't know what "rookie" means, it refers to the first season in that sport and doesn't have anything to do with skill level.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't claim to be an expert, but I am a good snowboarder and I certainly know enough to give basic advice regarding what an ollie looks like!

And in case you don't know what "rookie" means, it refers to the first season in that sport and doesn't have anything to do with skill level.
Generally when people start a sport they aren't good.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Generally when people start a sport they aren't good.
you think after five years of experience you're still a novice?
I've been snowboarding for my 3 yearsnow and can do any trail on the mountain including glades and can ride a bit of park. I can also do quit a lot of butter tricks.
After 5 years I think he's a lot better than a novice

·
Reformed Creep-o-saurus
6,863 Posts
5 years of experience doesn't make you much more then a novice.
In general, yes. I think 95% of "snowboarders" go less than ten times a year... Many could have been novices for ten years!

And then there are those that take it more seriously, and with lessons and days on the hill could become advanced in 5 years.

·
Registered
585 Posts
In general, yes. I think 95% of "snowboarders" go less than ten times a year... Many could have been novices for ten years!

And then there are those that take it more seriously, and with lessons and days on the hill could become advanced in 5 years.
Come on, people, learn what words mean! Novice means someone new or inexperienced. After 5 years, I am neither new or inexperienced. I never claimed to be "advanced" or an expert, but you know there are levels in between, such as intermediate which is how I would classify myself.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts