Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was riding today and some douche decides to carve infront of me and cut me off while clipping my board in the process causing me to front flip and roll down the mountain.

Just wondering if this needs to be repaired asap? or if its not even that bad. I may be over-reacting because i just bought this board 5 days ago :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would throw a little bit of epoxy on that so no water gets between the top sheet. Best to be on the safe side. As for the douche, well he'll get his...don't worry about him!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah the epoxy is a good idea if you've worked with it before, otherwise I'd just let it go. It doesn't look like it's gauged anywhere into the base, just a little nick on the first few layers of your topsheet laminate. If the gauge was right between your edge and sidewall, then it'd be a different story and you'd want to seal it up, but what you have is more or less superficial. Sorry to hear it was a new deck, but it happens.

·
Registered
662 Posts
newbs are funny.

That's nothing. No water will get in that tiny scrape. I'd sand out any rough spots and just ride it (the board is already saturated in epoxy, so, unless there's raw wood showing, don't waste your time "fixing" it).

·
Registered
65 Posts
when I read "over-reacting" in the title my first thought was that you tracked him down at the end of the run and beat the crap out of him :laugh:

·
Registered
397 Posts
With that little ding, you're just getting it broken in. BTW, the downhill guy has the R.O.W.

Yep.. If this guy was in front of you, then you were at fault. If he sped past you and quickly cut you off as he went by, then that's maybe a different story. It's like driving a car, if you rear-end someone, it's pretty much your fault no matter what.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts