Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Veteran Member
11,552 Posts
I have heard of them. Seem to be honest guys. There is a thread on splitboard.com started by one of the Amplid dudes asking for design ideas splitters want. I think they are legit.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I have a owned a couple of their boards. Most recently the Amplid Hi Def 155. It was an extremely well built board. Amazing base most noticeably. Great steel edges. The sidecut was a little unusual so I didn't find myself riding it as much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ride the 11/12 Amplid Aggronym. Its an flat jibboard, pop is awesome. One of the best boards i ever had in my quiver. 100% recommendation.
My next board will be definately again an Amplid.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!:thumbsup:

Could anyone tell me what they think about their pocketknife board it simes pretty interesting

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
Didn't feel like starting a new thread as I was sure there had to be a generic Amplid thread somewhere.

I think it's pretty clear from this forum that the Amplid brand is getting more publicity, now. I haven't yet ridden mine (because the season had already ended by the time I decided to buy them) but I'm really looking forward to trying them out next season. The purchase experience was outstanding.

Here are photos of the boards that I picked up -- Paradigma 156 and Surfari 157.

3.jpg 2.jpg

Surfari:
5.jpg 5a.jpg

Paradigma:
4.jpg 4a.jpg

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Does the surfari have more camber at the max? Man I love s camber!

Looking forward to your reviews of both. Still intrigued by their boards, but more so to try them than to buy them at this point. Price is still a bit much and the sale price went up I think.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
@ridethecliche The Surfari has way more camber than the Paradigma. I couldn't figure out how to get the photos to display normally, but if you click the thumbnails it'll pull up the full-size images. Can't really see anything in the thumbnails.

The Centrifugal series seem to be their flagship boards, and are what I tend to associate with the Amplid brand, so I'm curious to see what their take is on 'playful all mountain.' That's the reason I'm actually more curious about the Paradigma than about the Surfari. I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what to expect from the Surfari, and it has been reviewed a bit in this forum as well. I haven't seen much on the Paradigma, though.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
@MrDavey2Shoes Is Germany well-known for cheese and cigarettes, or...? That one actually went right over my head.

Edit: I understand the reference, now. The video I posted is from their "Shred at Home" series. That particular featured rider is French, but the Amplid brand is based in Germany.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
@Snowdaddy The camber is very, very mellow, and hand-flexing it (for what that's worth) it definitely doesn't feel like the same flex as the Surfari, so that's good. They're both rated 7/10, where I would have expected the Paradigma to be a bit softer. If the Surfari is 7/10, the Paradigma feels like 5/10 in comparison.

·
Registered
943 Posts
@MrDavey2Shoes Is Germany well-known for cheese and cigarettes, or...? That one actually went right over my head.

Edit: I understand the reference, now. The video I posted is from their "Shred at Home" series. That particular featured rider is French, but the Amplid brand is based in Germany.
lol I thought they were French.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Thanks for the photos, both look really nice. It's hard to find good images of their boards.

I'm just sorting out duty tax for my Surfari to have it released from Customs, looking forward to getting it, has been a mission getting it here during CV19 due freight.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
@Snowdaddy The camber is very, very mellow, and hand-flexing it (for what that's worth) it definitely doesn't feel like the same flex as the Surfari, so that's good. They're both rated 7/10, where I would have expected the Paradigma to be a bit softer. If the Surfari is 7/10, the Paradigma feels like 5/10 in comparison.
Probably all that camber.

Id double check the size you bought vs the ideal weight ranges. They're not the same for every board so even though the flex rating is the same it might be at different weights for riders. That could explain the difference!

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
@NT.Thunder It does, but it's very hard to photograph despite being very obvious in person. I think I managed to get it, though and will upload in a sec.

@ridethecliche I agree the camber profile absolutely affects the perceived flex with hand-flexing (hence the "for what that's worth" in my comment). I'm in the range for both boards, but it wasn't my weight flexing them, it was just a hand-flex. I wanted the Paradigma to be more all-mountain freestyle and the Surfari to be more all-mountain/freeride.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts