Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Amplid

28737 Views 222 Replies 43 Participants Last post by  NT.Thunder
Amplid snowboards are relatively little known outside of Europe. So post up your reviews and experiences.
Amplid snowboards are relatively little known outside of Europe. So post up your reviews and experiences.
See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,403 Posts
I'll follow up with more later, but in a nutshell this Amplid Surfari is an incredible ride.

20cm fresh dry powder and it's an amazing board. I was so nervous to get on this board as I thought it would be too much but I'm not sure I'll ride much else it's just so smooth. I'm 74kg on the 157 and that minor 3D spooned nose allows this board to roll from edge to edge and not get hung up. I don't know what to say but I'm a fan.

Thank God I have another 3 days here.
I was worried you would spend too much time on the Yup before you broke that bad boy out! That 3d nose coupled with antiphase is really something special. So glad you got some fresh to try it out.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Sounds odd, but man that feeling I got on my first run on the Surfari.....
My Surfari has left me laughing like an idiot in disbelief on more than one occasion. One day aggressively carving really tracked out pow comes to mind. I couldn't wrap my mind around how I was riding like that in those conditions. They mean it when they say next level riding.

I really want to get a Surfari but I only weigh about 140...Not sure it will feel like a boat
I guess it depends on how you're planning on riding it. I'm a little over the weight range of the 161, and it could still be a little more nimble in the trees. Maybe I'm just used to more flexible pow boards in there. I don't think I'd want it much softer for carving though.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
BTW
I’ve noticed Amplid added the front and back insert width for the board specs. That’s nice but unfortunately they must have measured it right at the last holes towards the tips as my Penta 158 backfoot width is 270 mm (base) at the reference point, not 277 mm as stated.
Yeah, for how wide they say the Penta is, I have to ride it with some pretty steep angles to prevent boot out. I wish I could get into even smaller boots.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Thankfully you submitted a PayPal dispute. I hope they look after you. It's a shame it had to come to that.

The process was a little abnormal when I bought my two Amplids as well. I contacted them directly, paid them through PayPal, and shipped the boards from Europe with a hope and a prayer. I got lucky and they were both in great shape. I had a feeling returning to Europe through customs and all that would have been a real pain.

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Yeah, honestly this is kind of inexcusable. I've received boards from brands where I feel like I could have packed them better, but they were in a box with some cardboard inside that stopped them from bouncing around so it was a lot better than I had thought. Boards are pretty durable, but it's a lot different to have something shipped from within the US vs across the world.

When packages change hands multiple times or have to go through multiple checks etc.... you need to prepare for that.
I bought a Rossi Sushi earlier this season to give away as a prize. It arrived in a cardboard sleeve. You couldn't even call it a box really. There wasn't any damage, but I was still surprised.

On the other hand, Signal ships their boards in boxes branded with florescent light bulbs with FRAGILE written all over it.
Wood Font Publication Hardwood Rectangle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts