Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All reviews can be seen here.

More reviews can be found a few posts down as I hit maximum characters for this one. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Arbor Coda

Arbor Draft

Arbor Element

Arbor Formula

Arbor Relapse

Arbor Shreddy Krueger

Arbor Westmark

Arbor Whiskey

Amplid Paradigma

Amplid Pillow Talk

Amplid Pocket Knife

Amplid Stereo

Burton Antler

Burton Custom Twin

Burton Mod Fish

Burton Name Dropper

Burton Process Flying V

Burton Trick Pony

Capita Defenders of Awesome

Capita Indoor Survival

Capita The Outsiders

Capita Ultrafear

DC Mega

DC PBJ

DC Supernatant

Dinosaurs Will Die Bogart

Dinosaurs Will Die Genovese

Dinosaurs Will Die KWON

Dinosaurs Will Die Maet

Dinosaurs Will Die The Rat

Dinosaurs Will Die Sixties

Dinosaurs Will Die Wizard Stick

Endeavor B.O.D. Series

Endeavor Color

Endeavor Live

Endeavor Vice

Flow Blackout

Flow Era

Flow Darwin

Flow Drifter

Flow Rush

Flow Solitude

Flow Whiteout

Flow Verve

Interior Plain Project Harrow

Interior Plain Project Honalee

Jones Aviator

Jones Ultra Aviator

K2 Cool Bean

K2 Carve Air

K2 Fastplant

K2 Happy Hour

K2 Raygun

K2 Subculture

K2 Ultra Dream

Marhar Axiom

Marhar Bohemian

Marhar Liftem

Marhar Mustache Ride

Marhar Regent

Monument F.V.K.

Monument Momento Mori

Monument Tragedy

Niche Aether

Niche Knew

Niche Story

Niche Theme

Nitro Stance

Nitro Glory Stomper

Nitro Team Gullwing

Ride Alter Ego

Ride Berzerker

Ride Burnout

Ride Kink

Ride Machete

Rome Agent Rocker

Rome Artifact Rocker

Rome Gang Plank

Rome Mod Rocker

Rome Reverb Rocker

Rossignol Angus

Rossignol Circuit

Rossignol Jibsaw

Rossignol Krypto

Rossignol Retox

Rossignol Rock N Rolla

Rossignol Templar

Rossignol The One

Rossignol Trick Stick

Rossignol XV

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice site layout! super easy nav

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,239 Posts
Hey BA! The site looks really good. Format is clean and easy to read & navigate! I like it!

One thing I noticed,.. and in light of your recent "I Hate" thread posts, I hope I'm not poking at a sore spot,.. But what happened to the ads for PhunkShun or WiMi? I noticed right off that they weren't on the new site.

They were with you on your old site for a long time weren't they? (…again, I hope I didn't hit a hot button asking that, I was just curious!)

-edit-
Just a thought, but as a possible source for some additional income revenue,.. I still believe a store front with some AS stickers, or maybe even an "Angry" F.U. pissed off Coffee mug or some such, would not be out of line or viewed as "selling out!" Haven't a number of SBF members inquired about something like that from you in the past?

You certainly have a recognizable "brand" and a Name,.. so why not capitalize on that some!

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey BA! The site looks really good. Format is clean and easy to read & navigate! I like it!

One thing I noticed,.. and in light of your recent "I Hate" thread posts, I hope I'm not poking at a sore spot,.. But what happened to the ads for PhunkShun or WiMi? I noticed right off that they weren't on the new site.

They were with you on your old site for a long time weren't they? (…again, I hope I didn't hit a hot button asking that, I was just curious!)

-edit-
Just a thought, but as a possible source for some additional income revenue,.. I still believe a store front with some AS stickers, or maybe even an "Angry" F.U. pissed off Coffee mug or some such, would not be out of line or viewed as "selling out!" Haven't a number of SBF members inquired about something like that from you in the past?

You certainly have a recognizable "brand" and a Name,.. so why not capitalize on that some!
It's Ad buy season right now. Deals are being worked out and what not. Some companies will be there, some companies won't.

·
Not quite reformed yet
8,239 Posts
It's Ad buy season right now. Deals are being worked out and what not. Some companies will be there, some companies won't.
Well, I certainly wish you success! As I said,.. I think the site looks great. :hairy:

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Nice

I haven't ridden any of the boards you've reviewed so far, except for the Slush Slasher. Nailed it BA.

Hopefully you got some late season days at A Basin on that thing.

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't ridden any of the boards you've reviewed so far, except for the Slush Slasher. Nailed it BA.

Hopefully you got some late season days at A Basin on that thing.
Seasons done, they closed on Sunday till the fall. My season has been done since end of March when I dislocated my knee.

·
Registered
491 Posts
slash happy place

Nice, I dig unbiased reviews! Didn't know of this site.

It's crazy how vast reviews of a snowboard can be between riders. Now how many days did you get to ride the slash happy place? I didn't see that in your review. Maybe your review may have been different if you didn't have a "mash potato" day on the board?

I chatted with another member of this forum about the happy place and he sent me a quick preview of his thoughts regarding it. He also owns this board. His response to it was, "It's playful. It has camber between the feet so its pretty stable for all mountain riding and the lifted tips float pretty good for moderate powder. The pop took a little getting use to because you gotta load it a bit more than boards with full camber or hybrid camber outside the bindings but once you find its sweet spot you can pop off of all kinds of stuff easily. Its probably the best spin friendly board I have ridden. Tips are light and if you land funny it doesn't catch and slam you. It's not a noodle which makes it good for big kickers and high speeds but it has flat section in the lifted tips that locks in a press or butter. I detuned it all the way around the tips up to the contact points and it still holds a nice edge on ice. The only con I can think of is its a little catchy when completely flat based on super hard pack or ice but if you stay relaxed its no big deal. After I bought it I only rode my proto 2-3 more times. Its just a fun ass board. Oh and its a head turner. It also made learning new tricks easier because it was forgiving."

·
Registered
9,213 Posts
Boards change. And so far the trend it seems for Slash in particular is a little bit stiffer across each model and the Angry Review is the 2016.

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I quote from the reps mouth "We make our boards stiffer than most and go for guys that want something like that, it's not for everyone"

Also people on here tend to not want to sound like they have buyers remorse so whatever they end up with is "the best". The board was a snowboard it will do snowboard things, it's not the best and definitely not the worst deck I've ridden.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
That was my opinion on the happy place I sent to Bert. I don't have buyers remorse nor do I think it's the best board one could buy. But its a great board for what it is and for the price.

·
Registered
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Needed to happen IMO. For the type of board the Straight was supposed to be, that thing was a borderline noodle.
Heard from numerous people that the Slash's flex patterns (15 and older) were inconsistent and didn't match up to the marketing. Can't really comment on how those rode as I had never been on them. But after riding the Happy Place, Nahual, and Straight I can say they're on the stiffer side for next year.

·
Registered
271 Posts
That Yes Great Dudes you reviewed today is pretty awesome. You guys sell Yes snowboards at your board shop? Also, really dumb question but what is the difference between Yes, The Greats and Yes, Great Dudes?

1 - 20 of 232 Posts