Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

41 - 60 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Burton gave us a grip of boards this year. I just haven't finished uploading the photos for it yet. NS won't deal with me anymore and I'm done with wanting to even extend that olive branch. Tim, Tracey, Vince, and everyone over there can go fist fuck their two faced douche bag selves. Fuck that brand they epitomize everything I view wrong with snowboarding on a whole other level.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
(See, this always happens. I lose a bet even before betting. :D )

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Lumberyard Skate and Snow carries Marhar now??? That would be awesome if you guys did! You guys planning on stocking any wides?
Lumberyard is my side job, no affiliation with Angry. But to answer your question we will be carrying a very limited run of Marhar next year. I ordered 3 Katana's for ladies and 1 Liftem for guys. If I see demand and sell through I'll be expanding the order there.

·
Registered
9,248 Posts
Which he probably rode in 2009...
*shrug* Anyways...

...anyone who wants to bet on which company will send boards for review to BA first: Mervin, NS, or Burton?
My bet is on NS.

For 16/17 I'm going to try and expand to some brands I've never covered. I want to snag Volkl, Elan, and Head to cover the ski brands. Then look into some of these smaller more boutique brands like Gentem Stick and Dupraz.
Ooo. Would be really interesting to hear an informed opinion of head, considering what a bad reputation they have.
I rode a couple of the 2015 Head decks. They have a couple of tech stories I like, but the boards are to "busy" with tech, or very low end.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Lumberyard is my side job, no affiliation with Angry. But to answer your question we will be carrying a very limited run of Marhar next year. I ordered 3 Katana's for ladies and 1 Liftem for guys. If I see demand and sell through I'll be expanding the order there.
I am pretty impressed with Marhar. They improve their models every year. You dont see them put out two turds in a row.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I am pretty impressed with Marhar. They improve their models every year. You dont see them put out two turds in a row.
That's what I like about them. They go fuck OK maybe we made the marketing wrong on this or we're designing this for a small subsect of riders. I like that they're so open to feedback on things, it's nice to see that they can go OK we have to fix this.

·
Moving to the dark side...
1,428 Posts
@BA Thank you, am emailing now... ;) To remind you... Haha

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
You're going to notice Kevin did a sizeable amount of reviews this year. After I dislocated my knee at the end of March he managed to bang out about a third of the reviews for the site. Starting today forward you'll see his popping up every few days.

·
Registered
273 Posts
hey angry, i am kinda intrigued by the ride alter ego... is it a dedicated pow board or would it work as a daily resort cruiser? How did it handle in trees and moguls? Thanks!

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
That's the beauty of this board it's a dual purpose deck. You want to hit wide open pow, flip the clip and send. Riding groomers and going through trees keep it clipped and it'll work.

As long as you're not using it in the park that could totally be a resort cruiser.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Cool reviews.

I've always been intrigued by the Arbor rocker system, and how you desribed it's edge hold is exactly why I want to try it; but if it's not damp enough i'm almost certain i will hate it on our crappy resort snow. Not damp and rocker under feet = i have a bad time.

The Endeavor Boyfriend is spot on with how i feel about the Endeavor Live (men's version of the Boyfriend)... stable, lots of pop, awesome to carve on, Super fun and aggressive... definitely not a jibby board. All mountain and jumps for sure. The way i dealt with the torsional stiffness and easing the leg muscle needed for pressing and popping was by getting stiff + canted basepates: Ride Capo. Now drives work pretty well too. That's all for hard pack; in pow, most bindings work.

Alter Ego... i reaaally want to try it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah i want to try it now. I always kinda wondered but figured it would suck total dick.... kinda jack of all trades master of none... now i am pretty intrigued. Angry, did you review the ride machete this year? How was that? I know in the past you havent been terribly impressed by that board.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Cool reviews.

I've always been intrigued by the Arbor rocker system, and how you desribed it's edge hold is exactly why I want to try it; but if it's not damp enough i'm almost certain i will hate it on our crappy resort snow. Not damp and rocker under feet = i have a bad time.

The Endeavor Boyfriend is spot on with how i feel about the Endeavor Live (men's version of the Boyfriend)... stable, lots of pop, awesome to carve on, Super fun and aggressive... definitely not a jibby board. All mountain for sure. The way i dealt with the torsional stiffness and easing the leg muscle needed for pressing and popping was by getting stiff + canted basepates: Ride Capo. Now drives work pretty well too. That's all for hard pack; in pow, most bindings work.

Alter Ego... i reaaally want to try it.
Check out some of the stiffer more freeride oriented Arbor decks. Those are more damp than the Coda which is designed for more freestyle elements of all mountain.

Yeah i want to try it now. I always kinda wondered but figured it would suck total dick.... kinda jack of all trades master of none... now i am pretty intrigued. Angry, did you review the ride machete this year? How was that? I know in the past you havent been terribly impressed by that board.
No Machete reviews this year.

New review every day till I run out. Which should be sometime around September.

·
Registered
12,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hardest working man in the business, its quite impressive what you do, year in and year out.
Tell that to the companies that promise to advertise then back out.

Also bringing back binding reviews this fall depending on how the weather pans out.

·
Banned!
7,679 Posts
Hardest working man in the business, its quite impressive what you do, year in and year out.
Tell that to the companies that promise to advertise then back out.

Also bringing back binding reviews this fall depending on how the weather pans out.
I often have to remind people that my landlord requires legal tender, which he does not consider to include: cheeba chews, weed, compliments....

41 - 60 of 232 Posts