Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after a series of mishaps, misfortunes, and a lot of throwing things at walls and screaming FUCK at the top of my lungs we've officially started dropping our 2018 snowboard reviews. This year we added video and while it isn't exactly how I would have liked due to having 2TB's of footage get fried and having to re-shoot it, a camera committing suicide, and my sanity going out the window it's close enough. So here's 600 hours of work that's still not fully finished. I'll be adding new reviews daily to both our YouTube Channel and to the website.

You can catch the written reviews with the videos here: Snowboard Reviews Archives - The Angry Snowboarder

Or you can catch them on our YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuW-gT2uGJQ5BpnlXQyIG8Pz4AbdtCKKb

And for those of you that like winning stuff check out this video explaining how watching the videos on the YouTube channel can net you a new snowboard.

·
Registered
745 Posts
When it comes to reviews no one can touch you. Only thing your channel is missing is some snow. I like what you're doing I just wanna see you, kev or Marcus ride the decks your talking about. Keep up the good work.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
When it comes to reviews no one can touch you. Only thing your channel is missing is some snow. I like what you're doing I just wanna see you, kev or Marcus ride the decks your talking about. Keep up the good work.
This. When I was looking for a board, I ended up at a bunch of sites, but I quickly realized that your's is the real deal. Thanks for what you do, and keep it up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Reviews are looking good. Sounds like there will be a ton of content dropping over the next little while.

Some of the prize package options through their Patreon page are cool too, I actually won some stuff from it.

I'll do a proper shout out when I get a chance to test the gear.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I'm dropping a video talking about the lack of riding in it because like I mentioned I fried 2tb's of footage and one camera as well as what the easter eggs mean to you guys, someone could win a snowboard. Going forward after these 246ish videos drop I'll be utilizing on hill footage as well. On a plus side Burton Step-Ons are coming this week for Kevin and I.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats on the video reviews! Honestly, I didn't think you would eventually do them after all that bad luck. I find the content very informative, I don't mind editing etc, I don't expect these to be some art videos. The only thing I would change is to ditch the intro. It's about 20 seconds of not much value especially if you've already seen a few videos. I guess by jumping right into the board review you could also engage viewers better.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Still glad you did the written review with the videos. I can get my info much quicker by reading what is important to me. Look forward to riding videos coming in the future. Good work, Cheers!!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Seanacorns opion greatly increases the credibility of the tired looking guy doing all the talking. Well done

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
The video reviews are informative, entertaining and helpful. I think it is great that you manage to differentiate your personal preference from the objective characteristics of the boards you reviewed. There are some boards that you didn't like but I still find some of those boards appealing and the video review interesting. Not many reviewers can manage this.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bumping this up to let everyone know the Moss Snow Stick reviews started dropping last night. Should have the Endeavor stuff as well as Marhar and others up this week depending on work/ride schedule. Also doing a Live Stream on Wednesday at 2p.m. MST talking about the 2019 gear we saw at SIA and On Snow.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Wow, your really working hard at this, I hope this pays off for you and your team. The video reviews are great, your format or maybe editing needs some fine tuning as it seems rushed and sloppy at times but the content is there and to your credit you got a bit more going on in your videos than most. Personally I'm not subscribed for your reviews as I don't buy new gear often, but i hope to see more segments where your busy shooting off about snowboarding and such, like that episode with your buddy about log jibbing and that series with Kevin about tech, blacksnowboarder is awesome and yeah, more Randy!!!!

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Edit: btw you killed it in your latest endeavour review!

·
Registered
9 Posts
The video reviews are informative, entertaining and helpful. I think it is great that you manage to differentiate your personal preference from the objective characteristics of the boards you reviewed. There are some boards that you didn't like but I still find some of those boards appealing and the video review interesting. Not many reviewers can manage this.
Totally agree with this. I actually appreciate a 'Review'. Many sites such as 'The House' do an 'Overview' but don't actually review the product. While I like to hear about the tech, I find it actually does little to influence my buying behaviour or actually inform me. I'd like to hear something like "within our lineup, if you're more into A, you might rather consider B, whereas if you like C, you might want to look at D. Here's why we suggest that...." Even better if they compare to competitors' boards, discuss pros/cons, and promote discussion to help buyers make more informed choices. I'm really tired of hearing stuff that seems like it came directly from the manufacturer's marketing material.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
BA you should make a vid explaining your style of riding. Sometimes you mention this board is not for you or whatever, be good to know what that is.

I love the lo-fi nature of the into and liked it when you had a different song almost every time and laughed when you forgot songs for a few.

My only gripe is its hard watching all the recycled footage like camber profile explanations and the widths available.

Other than that keep up three good work man.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts