Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post at this site though I have been reading it for a while. I realize this topic has been done to death but I figured why not as I can't find out.

I am in the market for a new board as my current one (24/7 nightwide) is falling apart. I have spent a good amount of time searching and reading about sizing and such, however I am confused about what I personally need. My style of riding is more all mountain at resorts blue and black runs but I am wanting to get more into freestyle/small amount of park and all mountain freestyle.

My Stats.
209lbs
size 11.5 boots
6 foot tall.

This generally means looking for a midwide-wide board around the 160+ range. However I have been riding a 158 for the past couple years and I am content with the size of it. I have been looking into possibly going reverse camber or hybrid camber, I have heard you can ride these shorter is this true?
The boards I am looking at are-

Ride Machete 157 wide
Neversummer Legacy rc 159
Neversummer Revolver 156
Bataleon Goliath 157 wide

Any suggestions are appreciated. I also don't have many options to demo any of these so I am basing a lot of this on reviews and from employees at the shops.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm 6ft, 185 lbs, size 11.5 boot (ions). I ride the Machete 157 wide and love it. It "feels" like a shorter board while riding, while floating better in pow than a cambered board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts