Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I’m looking at getting a new board for 21/22. I want something park focused, camber, middle/ just under middle flex, and that can handle itself outside the park - hitting side hits wherever I can and turning the mountain into my skatepark

When in the park I stick to small medium jumps/ jibs

So far I’m thinkin
1. Capita Indoor survival - last years model looked sick, but not sure with the directional twin for this year?
2. Bataleon evil twin - I hear mixed things about the 3bt
3. Rome Artifact - not sure it can handle itself outside the park as good as the others?

I'm having a really hard time deciding and open to other boards if there’s something you think fits. Thanks guys

·
Registered
243 Posts
How about a park board from Lib Tech or GNU?

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
Yes the Artifact can handle it.
more jib focused stick with that, more jumpy then bump up to the Agent.
Add the Niche Wraith, Arbor Draft Camber, or Lib Box Knife

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yes the Artifact can handle it.
more jib focused stick with that, more jumpy then bump up to the Agent.
Add the Niche Wraith, Arbor Draft Camber, or Lib Box Knife
I’m kind of half and half between jumps/ jibs and also about half and half between park laps/ cruising the mountain. Still think the artifact is the best suit?

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Niche Wraith and Lib Box Knife are sick. Get one of those.

I own a Wraith and it's great anywhere. Really like that they're wide enough to downsize on - I'm on the 155 and normally ride 159-164 range.

Box Knife rides similarly but even more grippy on ice due to the magnetraction bump between the feet.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
I missed that the Ultrafear went camber. That just jumped up my list to try. Though with how good the Indoor is, not sure why they made this camber...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also looking for freestyle-focused all- mountain board. Coming off flat to rocker board. Guy at my local shop suggested the Rome Party Mod and Ultrafear. Said Ultrafear would be more forgiving and more for relaxed riding than the Indoor given the easier camber profile. A bit cheaper too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m kind of half and half between jumps/ jibs and also about half and half between park laps/ cruising the mountain. Still think the artifact is the best suit?
I have a rome buckshot for my daily and I really like it outside of the park. They don’t make it anymore but the artifact pretty much is the new version with the double kick nose/tail. If I had to replace it I would probably get an artifact or mercury/mega merc. Really want to try those boards out this season.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ended up buying the new capita indoor! Thinking of putting my k2 lien at’s on. @Nivek how do you think those will go/ what bindings would you put on an indoor?

I’ve had my eye on the arbor hemlocks as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts