Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am considering doing an instructor course and then most likely moving to Austria with a small possibility that Italy, Spain (Pyrenees) or Switzerland might also be on the cards. I'm from the UK so everyone here seems to think you should do the BASI route but the Anwatrter is the Austrian system for Austrian coaching so I would have thought this would be better right? I am not afraid to spend money on the correct route and set me on the right path but equally I can't afford to get this wrong and end up doing both.

Does anyone have any experience of doing either and what do you think?

Thanks very much everyone.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have you got dual nationality? If not you need to get a wriggle on with the moving bit. BASI makes sense if you're hoping to work for a British company, although that's up in the air too with the EU rules stating that EU nationals have to be given priority. That same law could make it impossible for you to get a job with an Austrian or Spanish company if you haven't got dual nationality.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you got dual nationality? If not you need to get a wriggle on with the moving bit. BASI makes sense if you're hoping to work for a British company, although that's up in the air too with the EU rules stating that EU nationals have to be given priority. That same law could make it impossible for you to get a job with an Austrian or Spanish company if you haven't got dual nationality.
Yeah Breshit is really a pain in the arse but hopefully I am getting an Irish passport so should be ok. If not, I think if I live there for 3 months prior to end of the year that would also enable me similar rights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts