Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking for a stiff binding. If possible, a binding that offers some adj and plenty of cush. So far the Ride CAD and Burton C60 have been mentioned. Any suggestions for a comparable Union or Drake binding? How does the Flux Super Diamond compare to the Ride?

Thanks in advance - Nito

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ride NRc is great too - a cheaper version of the CAD. I've been using some '09s this year and they're solid for all mountain. Cant beds rock too!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
THe ride Spi is a slightly less stiff and lighter version of the CAD. It has precanted footbeds instead of the adjustable ones, and the same shaped highback, just without carbon fiber reinforcements.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response.

This afternoon, I was in a local shop that was running low on inventory. They were showing me the Alpha and said it was almost as stiff as the SPI but with better chassis dampening. The salesman also said the highback is just as stiff. I'm thinking, he was trying to move product. Any opinions?

Thanks again - Nito

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All,
Thanks for the suggestions. Luckily, I ran into a sale and bought the CAD size med to fit my Burton Sabbath size 9 boot. It is a tight fit and power transmission is unbelievable. I can actually flex the board just by rolling my foot. The Targas are a great binding but not stiff enough for my Blaze. The Targas are now on my NS SLR; i.e. my fun board. Looking forward to using both boards this weekend.
Nito

1 - 5 of 5 Posts