Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to pull the trigger on some new gear, and have been waiting for the coming Black Friday/Week sales.
As the general BF-sale is mostly a hoax, with ramped-up prices, I was hoping you budding forum-members could maybe share some tips or hidden gems!?

I live in the EU, so does someone know any shops with interesting deals here?

Thanks!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for season 22/23 gear then standtall.se will have 20% off of everything starting tomorrow (and more on last seasons stuff). I guess stadium.se will have 25% off on new stuff for a few day. Lets hope for some upcoming deals so good so you can´t turn them down. We all need more boards.

It sucks that our swedish currency is so week atm. It makes shopping from international stores less attractive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a really nice conversation with a sales rep from Curated yesterday who offered me a pretty great deal on a new board. The deal was his own offer on top of a Black Friday special. So it may be worth doing Curated’s gear selection process, and talk to the rep about a deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am about to pull the trigger on some new gear, and have been waiting for the coming Black Friday/Week sales.
As the general BF-sale is mostly a hoax, with ramped-up prices, I was hoping you budding forum-members could maybe share some tips or hidden gems!?

I live in the EU, so does someone know any shops with interesting deals here?

Thanks!
Got a really solid deal on a yes typo and bindings last year from Snowleader, there was a full site discount on black Friday that stacked on a discount for board + bindings together.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
This years gear is always price protected, especially in the US. You will never find great Black Friday deals online on this years gear as brands can pull your dealership contract if you do. You may occasionally get a coupon code or something in your email as a hidden way to bypass, or you may RARELY find a struggling smaller retailer breaking the rules and hoping they don't get caught. But for major sites like Evo, The House, Backcountry etc. You're extremely unlikely to find any real discounts on 2023 gear.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
This years gear is always price protected, especially in the US. You will never find great Black Friday deals online on this years gear as brands can pull your dealership contract if you do. You may occasionally get a coupon code or something in your email as a hidden way to bypass, or you may RARELY find a struggling smaller retailer breaking the rules and hoping they don't get caught. But for major sites like Evo, The House, Backcountry etc. You're extremely unlikely to find any real discounts on 2023 gear.
Lab

Here is a Snowinn example I just generated, they have delivery added in as it comes generally I've found out of Netherlands. Around 10 days to Australia. A '23 Swash has a $Au749.99 RRP, so close to $200 off (26% off).

I just grabbed a ToKo Edge Tuner World Cup for $Au550 delivered which is a really good deal.

Product Font Material property Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As stated, I live in the EU... so will not be buying from Evo, Backcountry, The House, Curated, Tactics, Absolute Snow, Snowboard Asylum etc because of taxes.

Snowcountry will only have their sale on Friday, so right now Snowinn seem to have the best deals.

·
Registered
Full quiver of Capita and Union
16 Posts
As stated, I live in the EU... so will not be buying from Evo, Backcountry, The House, Curated, Tactics, Absolute Snow, Snowboard Asylum etc because of taxes.

Snowcountry will only have their sale on Friday, so right now Snowinn seem to have the best deals.
i think the same… in EU it’s not easy
I’m waiting for some codes from Union Binding Co. 🤭

·
Registered
2,832 Posts

Sorry maybe I could have been a bit clearer. The point wasn't about any one specific shop, it was that online advertised prices are protected. Shipping to other countries can also become difficult or contract breaking (because of pricing loopholes) for sites but thats a whole other issue.

The real point is, online sales are extremely limited because of MAP, BUT there's a very grey area around non advertised discounting, or rather in person shopping. While a site can't advertise a 2023 Burton custom for 20% off without risking losing their dealership contract, if you go in to a shop a store employee can absolutely give you 20% off at the register without a problem. This is why you may also receive smaller unadvertised email discount codes which basically work the same as a hush hush at the counter deal, which are technically contract breaching but usually not too heavily monitored.

Not sure if in person is an option for you, let alone what the selection will be, but thats how to get the real deals. I've been in charge of monitoring online pricing for brands for over 11 years now.

·
Registered
Full quiver of Capita and Union
16 Posts
The real point is, online sales are extremely limited because of MAP, BUT there's a very grey area around non advertised discounting, or rather in person shopping. While a site can't advertise a 2023 Burton custom for 20% off without risking losing their dealership contract, if you go in to a shop a store employee can absolutely give you 20% off at the register without a problem. This is why you may also receive smaller unadvertised email discount codes which basically work the same as a hush hush at the counter deal, which are technically contract breaching but usually not too heavily monitored.
i saw 3/4 times last two days adverts. from official Burton profile about 30% discount

·
Registered
99 Posts
The dealers in Sweden, and in EU I believe, are allowed to discount this seasons gear however they want. It´s not like in the US where they can loose their dealership contract. That would be illegal in Sweden (EU?).

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
The dealers in Sweden, and in EU I believe, are allowed to discount this seasons gear however they want. It´s not like in the US where they can loose their dealership contract. That would be illegal in Sweden (EU?).
They have some limits for discounts for the current season items, at least some of the companies. 3 years ago I wanted to price match Union Falcors (I wanted another color for the same price). Called a shop, the guy asked me what shop sells for that discount and told me he needs 10 mins to think it over and he will call me back. He called back (with a satisfaction in his voice) saying that the price in the other shop is amended now (he made them increase the price, very likely threatening them with some dealership contracts).

I don’t play the price match thing anymore for big deals.

I think there are limits for the current season products.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Ahh yes, you'll have to forgive me as an American i sometimes forget large chunks of the world aren't completely soul-less :). I hadn't been aware the entirety of the EU had agreed on MAP. But that is where the shipping and shopping in other countries I mentioned comes in to play. There are exclusivity agreements and other rules they use as analternative.

I think in most cases 20 % discount is ok. But I doubt they could put something like 35 % without any problems from the dealership.
Nope. unless pre-arranged in contracts, which can happen. But even those are rare. US price reduction on inline in-season product is largely unchangeable (without breaching contracts which some people do do).

evo.com has over 100 2023 boards tagged with a black friday discount :whaa:
Not really. They have some offbrands/carryover models on discount and that's it for inline. I think their marketing may have gotten you. They do have a couple models of boards that are actually EVO owned models but made under other brands. But since they own the model they own the pricing (IE Salmon Sight X, Arbor Element LTD, etc) But by no mean do they have over 100 name brand inline discounted models.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts