Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm back!! Well... you probably didn't notice I was MIA all summer long haha it was just a very busy summer. I got engaged in July :D so been doing all that wedding stuff. Anyways...

Anyone buy any new boards or gear this summer or fall? I only ask because during the summer I bought a new Rome Lo-Fi Rocker on sale (new) to replace my Oxygen Galaxy (BIG step up) and I'm pumped to use it :yahoo: I posted new pix of it if you're curious.

Share your excitement!

*Back to the wedding... we were thinking of having the wedding ontop of Wachusett Mountain in Massachusetts (where we have season passes) because we love it there, we are having a fall wedding next year so the leaves would be beautiful, and it just fits us... but their reception hall is really blah and has a really low ceiling :( we even thought about riding our boards back down the mountain hahaha I was kind of joking, he was dead serious. Anyways, chose a different venue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I picked up a Lib Tech Skate Banana last week. I'm hoping to be able to use it Thanksgiving weekend in the Northeast. Even if that means driving up to Vermont from Long Island.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I grabbed a '13 NeverSummer SL 58 at the beginning of summer... And my local hill should be opening Friday! So stoked!:yahoo:

And congrats on the impending nuptials!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Sure did :D

My 2014 gear:

NeverSummer Proto HDX 160 / Union Contact Pros

Libtech T Rice Pro HP 164.5 / Union Factory

Burton Ions

Also got a few new sets of pants, a 2013 ThirtyTwo jacket, some new gloves, and some other bits and pieces

·
Registered
786 Posts
Congrats!!!

An opportunity to show pics? I'm in.
Picked up this (my first board):

I put on the El Hefe's I got for cheap last spring.
New jacket, pants, and goggles as well.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Picked up an '13 Slash Straight 161 about a month and a half ago.

Is there anything forcing you to have the reception at the mountain? Perhaps you can have the ceremony on top of the mountain and move the reception to a better place in town.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am. Wild opened yesterday, and I'm optimistically counting on Troll for Friday, since I have the day off. :D
I'm looking forward to going this weekend also, maybe on Sunday. Hopefully the base is good enough but I'll wait for your review on Friday on the condition. Looking to getting my 13 NS proto out there for the first time.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
I'm looking forward to going this weekend also, maybe on Sunday. Hopefully the base is good enough but I'll wait for your review on Friday on the condition. Looking to getting my 13 NS proto out there for the first time.
Have you seen their pics on FB? It looks like we're going to have our very own WROD.

They just told me they figure IF they open Friday, it'll be afternoon into evening. Which kinda sucks since I have to get home by 330. But I'm gonna maintain optimism!!:laugh:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
It's been so long that I've been away from this forum that I forgot I can post pix HERE :blush: and thank you for the wedding congrats! :)

and sounds like you all got some awesome stuff this year and congrats on your purchases! I knew I couldn't be the only one pumped to use new equipment

*In 1 of the pix, there's a messy room, work pants, and a patched hole in the wall from a fist... that's my fiance's room not mine lol. I already had those K2 bindings, but he switched them from my old board for me. The 2nd pic is the bottom of the board, RIGHT after I bought the board.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked up an '13 Slash Straight 161 about a month and a half ago.

Is there anything forcing you to have the reception at the mountain? Perhaps you can have the ceremony on top of the mountain and move the reception to a better place in town.
Well, the package they offered included both :( otherwise that would be ideal. Plus, with the mountain being 40 minutes from most relatives, I'd hate to have them driving all over the place. Good idea tho! We ended up going with ceremony and reception at the Tewksbury Country Club.

·
Registered
6,277 Posts
I like it, looks like the perfect size for ya:thumbsup:
I'm an advocate of big boards.

That's why I picked up a brand new NS Summit 172:eek:hmy:

But that's not all:giggle:

brand new 2012 Powder Snake 160
2012 Evo 54 & a Proto 58?
2013 Legacy 59
2011 Dupraz 5 foot somethin' (Oh baby)

Plus a few more, I can't remember:icon_scratch: