Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to get a little more insight on the freestyle programs at either of the whistler camps. This would be my first camp and second trip to whistler. I plan to go for a week in early February. I've seen nothing but outstanding reviews after several hours of searching and reading so it seems like a no brainer at this point to go. Most reviews seem to be people who took the free-riding camp or CASI training. I'd love to hear someone's experience with the freestyle portion of camp. I.e. did your group get to venture into the back country to build jumps? If there was a dump over night, could you get a few pow lines in before beginning training? How much do you feel you truly improved for 15 hours of training? What was your skill level before vs after? Did you notice the other riders around you take a step up in improvement as well? Did you feel the coaches were good at "teaching" you new tricks? What was a typical day like (jumps vs. rails/boxes)?

If anyone has taken the free-ride program, I'd love to hear your experience as well. I obviously want to grow my bag of tricks more than anything and it seems there's room to do so no matter which route I choose. I'm merely leaning towards the freestyle program as the park is where I tend to find myself the last few years. Also, I'm 30 now and my days of huck and pray may be limited. I feel like some real instruction would do me some good to squeeze in another few years of progression in the park.

Really I'd love to hear anyone's experience with the camps just to fuel my desire to go ahead and pull the trigger and book my spot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts