Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting a new board next season and I was wondering if anyone has ridden the Global Warmer. Seems like the perfect bored for a guy like me who likes a very poppy bored but isn't to stiff cuz i like to butter and hit jibs just as much. If anyone who has ridden it could tell me how it holds up on decent sized jumps and how press-able and soft it is. Thanks in advance!!

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
Havn't tried it, but if I didn't already have 3 boards I'd be buying one for next season. I've been riding a fun kink and evil twin for 2 years. The GW is rated 3-4-3 flex, the funkink is 3, I have no problems pressing it on snow or boxes, it's stable on 30' jumps, and I can bomb down any run on it too. I love the board, but the ET(5-6-5 flex) is a bit more stable landing jumps and bombing runs, just a bit harder to press it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply!! I was also looking at the fun kink. what would u say is the best thing to ride with it?

·
It ain`t easy being steezy
286 Posts
It depends if you're more into buttering and rails or jumps. The ET is perfect for any size jump and does great on rails too, but is a bit stiff to press. You can still press it, but you really have to work it. The funkink is easier to press but not quite as stable landing big jumps. I still hit 30' jumps with it, but it's slightly more picky with the landing compared to the ET. Riding all mountain either one works great, I took them both to the east coast meet at jay peak last year. There was 2'-3' of powder in the trees and nice groomed runs there, both boards felt great. The ET a bit more stable at speed, and the FK a bit more maneuverable in the trees, but the differences were really minor. I should really sell one of them and get something softer or stiffer than the other...but I like 'em both so that's not gonna happen :) The global warmer has park TBT, so it's center base is even wider than the ET, and is just slightly stiffer than the FK, sounds like a good combo to me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea i agree. plus it has carbon in it to give it torsionlall stiffness so it should do pretty good on jumps too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts